Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y existing inventory delivery time disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I ordered model y on Feb 5 and initially delivery window was 2/11-3/11. Two weeks ago it just disappeared. Does anyone experience the same? I got vin immediately after ordering
Was this a MYAWD (279mile range) out of "Inventory"?
If so, a lot of people have gone to TBD for no apparent reason. To make matters worse, Tesla seems to now be producing a new VIN series of MYAWD and isn't assigning them to the early Feb orders because they already have VINs. Why they haven't finished producing those early VIN sequences from Feb is a mystery.
A lot of people have resorted to watching inventory for cars that are already built and having Tesla switch their order to those new VINs already in transit to their location.

I was finally able to get Tesla to match my initial purchase price after trying 10 different reps. I was able to snag a MYAWD in local inventory.
What configuration did you order? Did the local inventory vehicle you ended up getting match your original orders configuration? How do you switch to different reps?

My EDD date for my inventory order disappeared for almost 2 weeks now. Im trying to find one in local inventory but no one luck finding white / black / 19. I may just give up and get a model 3 instead since those are readily available.

We had a similar issue when ordering a "coming soon" inventory Model Y several weeks ago. We knew the VIN since we ordered it from the online listing. After several weeks, the EDD disappeared. We contacted Tesla and they said that vehicle wasn't going to be built. They assigned us a new VIN and we should take delivery of it next week.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
We had a similar issue when ordering a "coming soon" inventory Model Y several weeks ago. We knew the VIN since we ordered it from the online listing. After several weeks, the EDD disappeared. We contacted Tesla and they said that vehicle wasn't going to be built. They assigned us a new VIN and we should take delivery of it next week.
How did you contact Tesla? I am trying to call and text adviser but nobody answered

I had an experience where there was a MYLR listed at Memphis TN last weekend and i contacted the St. Louis showroom. They said they need a VIN and none was associated with the car. Later I realized that even though the car was listed, they had not built the car yet. Later I realized that waitingfortesla.com had 0 miles on it. You may want to make sure if you find it @ waitingfortesla.com, there is at least more than 0 miles listed. otherwise most like its a car that's going to be built(meaning more wait time).

My EDD was also back at first as 3/15 - 3/31, but then the VIN disappeared and today EDD was updated as Feb-Mar 2023. Looks like they are not going to build it at all. All this experience with what they call existing inventory is just disappointing