Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Exit Button Malfunction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this post in one of the FB groups which is a little concerning. I also saw another post not too long ago with the same issue.

It’s a bit concerning for sure - do you specifically look to make the the window has dropped before opening/closing your doors?
4113F7D4-9993-4504-8F80-3BE94DEAB1AE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: hairysteve
It’s a bit concerning for sure - do you specifically look to make the the window has dropped before opening/closing your doors?

Yes, although listen rather than look. Especially when its potentially freezing conditions when windows can stick even if the door rubbers are protected - the window can still freeze closed along the bottom edge of the window even if the car has been on defrost for 40 minutes prior to entering.

I've owned numerous frameless windows cars for over 35 years and never ever had one as fickle in cold weather as the Model 3.

I am surprised at the damage above. Normally its just the glass catching on the trim and damaging the trim.

There's one of every type on Facebook, not the real world.

It does sound like they may have found a way to cause the issue through messing around with opening and closing the door and using "a little more force" than was prudent. Yes the window should have figured out what was happening, but some folks are good at finding edge cases. That glass is broken through lots of force being used.

Reactions: M1tch
There's one of every type on Facebook, not the real world.

It does sound like they may have found a way to cause the issue through messing around with opening and closing the door and using "a little more force" than was prudent. Yes the window should have figured out what was happening, but some folks are good at finding edge cases. That glass is broken through lots of force being used.
I love your defensive work ❤️😍