Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y "Expected Delivery Date" Craziness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the one hand, I agree with you. It's pretty bad. But, compare that to every other car purchase experience. Do you really want to sit down with the Finance Manager for a gruelling 45 minute interrogation after you've hammered out a deal with the sales rep?
I was leasing a Tacoma (3 year lease), which came with 3 year/36,000 free included maintenance. They actually tried to sell me an extended maintenance plan...... I was like "Do you actually hear the words coming out of your mouth?"
2-3 months of waiting and having a simple, no pressure, delivery experience VS wondering if you got a good deal, what the heck were those additional fees, I should have walked away....etc experience at a regular stealership...
Yeah, I'll take the misery of waiting every damn time!

yes get in on the current delivery times thread. like 1200 pages now? I got in around pg 12 :p

massive fun and humor. funny Conspiracy theories.
I got in around page 500. It has grown so stupidly fast!
There was one guy (I won't mention names) who had his VIN yanked away twice and was convinced it was because it was end of quarter and they took it so they could get it to someone closer (he's in Florida) to meet the end of quarter crush. He tweeted about it and it got picked up by some Tesla fan site and they wrote an article claiming "Some owners indicate that their vehicles are actually being delivered to customers closer to the automaker’s production facility in Fremont, California" all because of one person's conspiracy theory!

I got in around page 500. It has grown so stupidly fast!
There was one guy (I won't mention names) who had his VIN yanked away twice and was convinced it was because it was end of quarter and they took it so they could get it to someone closer (he's in Florida) to meet the end of quarter crush. He tweeted about it and it got picked up by some Tesla fan site and they wrote an article claiming "Some owners indicate that their vehicles are actually being delivered to customers closer to the automaker’s production facility in Fremont, California" all because of one person's conspiracy theory!
really? lol!!!

funny but...Tesla thing DOES need to be improved. Estimates and vin matching should be better handled. :)

I have the similar experience. This is the worst (very very very bad) online ordering experience I ever have.
I called the Tesla local shop sales people and was told that just don't trust those dates.
Tesla has a really long way to go in the car industry and business. So amateur.
Just go to a Ford Mustang Mach E forum and enjoy (If you think Tesla is "amateur"). I spent some time there while confirming my decision to get a Model Y. They have dealer bungling to add onto Ford bungling.

Reactions: Peelz
I asked my Tesla Advisor that very questions and he said a change from the LR to the P model does put you at the back of the line, unfotunately. Small world, I am right below Oak Ridge, TN, living in Hardin Valley. I am originally from the Boston area, moved to TN in 16' - I am going to see if I can find the Knoxville/OakRidge thread. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't believe there is a Knoxville/Oak Ridge thread but there is Southeast US: Southeast

There is a Knoxville "group" but it has not seen any activity in about three years: Knoxville (East Tennessee)

And if you continue to update your signature with every EDD date, you may soon discover there is a limit to the size of the signature. Not sure if that's a poor reflection on Signatures or Tesla.

Reactions: Drock77
Just go to a Ford Mustang Mach E forum and enjoy (If you think Tesla is "amateur"). I spent some time there while confirming my decision to get a Model Y. They have dealer bungling to add onto Ford bungling.
Excuse me, is it a game to compare who is worse???? I have 4 cars currently, Mercedes GLA 250, Toyota Sienna XLE, Acura MDX and Model Y. Model Y’s ordering experience is like elementary school student level comparing to a grown up level.

There can be good and bad experience about other car dealers depending on multiple factors.
But Tesla's ordering experience is just always bad, worst online ordering experience, super long waiting time, no concrete deliver date, poor customer service, so constantly bad.

I dont fully agree with everything here. ITs only really negative if you compare it to the "instant gratification" of going to a dealer and finding a car you want. And that cars been sitting in the sun for weeks or months sometimes.... and then the dealer will make you feel like they're doing YOU a favor by letting you buy it...

I will not miss that, at all. ever. Yes i waited and the wait sucks.. but its less wasteful. And I still got it a week shy of the end of my original estimates.

There can be good and bad experience about other car dealers depending on multiple factors.
But Tesla's ordering experience is just always bad, worst online ordering experience, super long waiting time, no concrete deliver date, poor customer service, so constantly bad.
So you joined TMC a few days ago just to rant about your poor ordering experience and customer service? Do you actually have anything to add or is this just cheap therapy for you? If you're that unhappy cancel your order or sell - now's a great time I hear. And who are the "stupid religious people" you're referring to? Totally missed the evangelical comments, try to focus......

Reactions: E30-4ME and JHCCAZ
So you joined TMC a few days ago just to rant about your poor ordering experience and customer service? Do you actually have anything to add or is this just cheap therapy for you? If you're that unhappy cancel your order or sell - now's a great time I hear. And who are the "stupid religious people" you're referring to? Totally missed the evangelical comments, try to focus......
I'm really not sure, but I think he totally missed the attempted humor in my earlier reply to him, about "elementary school" behavior. I gave him an elementary-school response as a joke, but it just went even more comically sideways as he came back with his unintelligible response about stupid angry religious people. It was simultaneously one of the worst and best responses I could have hoped for; I still can't stop laughing.

I never mean to upset anyone but sometimes they insist.

Yes, try to focus, isn't this thread talking about Tesla's ordering experience?
Thx for your suggestion about "cancel or sell". I just picked up my Model Y after 2+ months since order was placed and with several poor response from customer service. I don't need to sell, it's just a toy for me that if I don't have mood to drive it, it just sits in my garage.
The stupid religious people I'm referring to are all those people that hear someone talks about Tesla's problem then immediately respond that all car makers have the same problem and suggest people if you don't like just don't buy it.
Yes, I've just been here for a few days then I saw so many stupid religious responses instead of giving actual constructive ideas.
Let me know if you have more questions.

I'm really not sure, but I think he totally missed the attempted humor in my earlier reply to him, about "elementary school" behavior. I gave him an elementary-school response as a joke, but it just went even more comically sideways as he came back with his unintelligible response about stupid angry religious people. It was simultaneously one of the worst and best responses I could have hoped for; I still can't stop laughing.

I never mean to upset anyone but sometimes they insist.
Well, I have to admit my lack of humor sense about your response. I'm lack of the united states culture background as a foreigner to understand how elementary school kids talk here. If it's a joke, I'll take back my strong words as a response to your joke.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Yes, try to focus, isn't this thread talking about Tesla's ordering experience?
Thx for your suggestion about "cancel or sell". I just picked up my Model Y after 2+ months since order was placed and with several poor response from customer service. I don't need to sell, it's just a toy for me that if I don't have mood to drive it, it just sits in my garage.
The stupid religious people I'm referring to are all those people that hear someone talks about Tesla's problem then immediately respond that all car makers have the same problem and suggest people if you don't like just don't buy it.
Yes, I've just been here for a few days then I saw so many stupid religious responses instead of giving actual constructive ideas.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Constructive ideas? What exactly were you looking for ideas for? As for it being a "toy" to you, don't throw all your toys out of the crib there big guy! You've gotten pretty wound up over your toy...
I should add, you've obviously mistaken Tesla for a Luxury car manufacturer and expected to be pampered - go to Lexus for that, they'll be more than happy to take your money.