Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y extended warranty and pre-pay service plans?

mmcmonster

Apr 14, 2014
Allentown, PA
A couple related questions.

I understand that the Model Y Long Range has a 4 Year/50k mile warranty. Is there an extended warranty plan available? (source: Vehicle Warranty )

Also, in my previous Model S I was able to pre-purchase service visits. Is that still available?

Also, how often are we recommended to do service. On my Model S, I was doing it yearly, but I understands they're suggesting less frequent service???

damageprone

Oct 29, 2020
Las Vegas
I have GEICO and they have something called mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI). I think its 7 years/100k ( This is an exclusionary policy much like the famous Carmax Maxcare policy that launched Doug Demuro to fame. It's cheap, ~$30 every 6 months. The caveat is that you have to have it on your vehicle from new.

Buying a similar policy could range $5-7K on other cars. This is good peace of mind.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC