Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Facelift Spotted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed a Model Y on Wu Wa's video with a black roof. Could this be a possible Model Y refresh? Or just dodgy roof spraying!? Spoiler on the back so its a P model.

Link to vide below from 1:20

1670593177189.png

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Seems a bit early for a refresh given the M3 is older and thats only just been talked about with nothing really to support the thoughts.

I'd also have thought amy redisgn would be done from the US and we'd have seen it leaked before now if there was one.

But top marks for spotting it. I'm sure if notateslapp or electrec see the thread they'll turn it into a breaking news article, coming soon, world exclusive and you might get a passing mention.

It looks like a cover which goes over the roof (and wing mirrors) and is perhaps clipped down under the spoiler? Maybe weighted at the edges to keep it down? Really hard to see from the video, but it doesn't look like just paint as it covers the roof and windows plus wing mirrors and surrounding areas above doors.

Unless Shanghai's paint shop is offering a new toothpaste colour option I'm going to guess that car is wrapped with Vinyl, I've seen plenty people go for a two-tone combination. Clearly, it's one step beyond, Madness.