Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Financing with Bank/Credit Union

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my MYP. Going into the Tesla app for financing it asks what is the financed amount.

My credit union gave me a check with a not to exceed amount up to $70k. The actual price of the MYP with Fees is much lower around $63,120.

1) In the finance app, do I put the $70k amount to be financed or the $63,120 total cost of vehicle?
2) If I have the physical check, how do I provide the payment for it?

Thank you.

Just ordered my MYP. Going into the Tesla app for financing it asks what is the financed amount.

My credit union gave me a check with a not to exceed amount up to $70k. The actual price of the MYP with Fees is much lower around $63,120.

1) In the finance app, do I put the $70k amount to be financed or the $63,120 total cost of vehicle?
2) If I have the physical check, how do I provide the payment for it?

Thank you.
which CU you used? and what rate you got?

When the car is closer to getting ready and they have assigned a VIN# and pick up reservation ( could be a 1 week notice ), the app will ask a number of things to complete that will include full payment (down payment + loan electronically Bank - Bank) of the car before it can be pick up. Since you have a check from your bank, you may need to contact Tesla. After the payments are confirmed, you will then get an updated MVPA ( Purchase agreement ) to reflect the paid amount that includes loan from bank. Please note when your have fully paid for the car and your at the delivery center, by pressing accept on the app and the doors unlock >>> you have agreed to take this car. I would suggest doing a visual exterior inspection first and ask questions to see if there any concerns with the paint or gaps.