Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Firmware Poll

What is your current Model Y firmware?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my MY on 9/23, I had to sit in car for ~45m while it updated to the 2020.36.12 version because they claimed they could not do the ownership turnover from Tesla to me without this update. :-\ Sitting around in car was fine until the A/C turned off when the ECU update part started (I'm in AZ....) but it was not too bad.

• Informative
Reactions: HeartSong
I’ve noticed two things different that may have happened with the 2020.40 download. My MY prompts the self parking often now whereas before it rarely picked up spaces. The car now gives the green light chime when the green light occurs in other lanes than mine. I thought it was flawless before but now I hear the chime, my light is still red, but I see the turning lane or some other lane turned green.

i just picked up my MY last Wednesday. It’s been connected to my WiFi when it’s in my driveway. There have been no Software updates. Sitting on 36.12 in NJ. Anyone know how the rollout works? How to get it? I have the software update set to Advanced which allegedly pushes out software quicker.

2020.40 is fairly new and you're on what I would call the current release. Do you have FSD? .40 adds some FSD-related things. According to STATS, only 3.8% of Model Y users have 2020.40 and about 57% are on either 36.11 or 36.12. I wouldn't worry about it.

I installed 2020.40.3 last night. The feature I was most excited about was the ability to make one phone key preferred. I made my profile the preferred profile, but today getting in the car with my wife for lunch, it still defaulted to her profile first. LOL!!! 1st World Problems....I know!