Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the Weathertech brand mats for the front and back seats, which are similar but different from the OEM mats. We're really happy with them. The Weathertec logo peels right off and leaves no residue (if you aren't into logos). I did go with the OEM rear cargo mat however and we're quite happy with it as well.

MYLR, 5 seat, White/White, 25 Sep 2021 delivery, 5600 miles.

Posted in the other string but will here too. I really like my rubber Lexus mats but can't find anything similar for MY. All these "rubber" mats are plastic like and or really ugly. Here is a link to the OEM rubber mats for my 2011 Lexus:

2011 Lexus RX 350 All-Weather Floor Mats, Black - PT9084810202 - Genuine Lexus Accessory

Anyone know of something similar for MY? I live in Georgia, rarely have snow, no salty or dirty crud on my shoes in the winter. Just rain and yard debris, so the rubber works really well for me. Feel sorry for you guys with all those really dirty interiors! :)

Matt

Reactions: Driver08
I don’t see why people spend 200+ dollars for the all weather floor mats that. Personally I’m keep the regular ones because they look better and they’re 80 dollars to replace once they really get worn out. I could go through 3-4 of the original ones that aren’t all weather instead of buying one ugly all weather one.

Reactions: Hollimark
I have the Tesla shield ones. They are a startup company so you have to be patient with their updates and delivery but I'm very pleased.

Tesla Model Y 2021 All Weather Interior Liner Floormats (7 seater) *Back-Order: Ships January 2022*

Although I miss the carpet-type 3Dspider ones I had on my Model S, they were a great mix of carpet but with the waterproofing. I haven't found them for the Y.
20210213-005346.jpg

I also have Canvasback for the back of the seats, they are amazing! I highly recommend them

20210828_151916.jpg20211002_081742.jpg

The EDD for my 2022 MYLR just got moved up to Feb 12-26 (previously it was May 29 - June 26) so if the new date is accurate, I will need to get some winter mats ASAP. My original plan was to get the Tesmanian mats but it looks like there is only one version regardless of model year.

Here is what I've gathered from the various floor mat threads. Every option seems to have an issue. Is there a Tesmanian-like option that has a version specifically sized for the 2021/2022 MY?
  • Tesmanian - no specific version for 2021/2022 updated seat rails so fitment for front seats isn't great. Regardless of what I get for the front/rear seats, I will likely be getting the Tesmanian cargo, trunk/frunk, and rear seatback mats.
  • 3D Max Spider and copycats - less coverage than the Tesmanian and difficult to keep clean. LDCRS is a preferred brand of copycat, but they are currently out-of-stock.
  • Tesla - out of stock. Made by Weathertech, $70 more expensive than the Tesmanian.
  • TuxMats - out of stock. Provides maximum coverage but takes some work to install with the clips. I'd prefer something that is drop-in and easy to remove for cleaning.
  • Autailors - Just a different version of the included carpet mats but would look cool with the white interior.
Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks in-advance for any insight.

The EDD for my 2022 MYLR just got moved up to Feb 12-26 (previously it was May 29 - June 26) so if the new date is accurate, I will need to get some winter mats ASAP. My original plan was to get the Tesmanian mats but it looks like there is only one version regardless of model year.

Here is what I've gathered from the various floor mat threads. Every option seems to have an issue. Is there a Tesmanian-like option that has a version specifically sized for the 2021/2022 MY?
  • Tesmanian - no specific version for 2021/2022 updated seat rails so fitment for front seats isn't great. Regardless of what I get for the front/rear seats, I will likely be getting the Tesmanian cargo, trunk/frunk, and rear seatback mats.
  • 3D Max Spider and copycats - less coverage than the Tesmanian and difficult to keep clean. LDCRS is a preferred brand of copycat, but they are currently out-of-stock.
  • Tesla - out of stock. Made by Weathertech, $70 more expensive than the Tesmanian.
  • TuxMats - out of stock. Provides maximum coverage but takes some work to install with the clips. I'd prefer something that is drop-in and easy to remove for cleaning.
  • Autailors - Just a different version of the included carpet mats but would look cool with the white interior.
Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks in-advance for any insight.
I’ve got the full Tesmanian kit on my 2022 MY. I don’t notice any problem with the fit on the front floor mats.

Reactions: Anser and ajstan
I've tried Tuxmats, Autailors, Taptes, and OEM style (rubber, official brand is xipoo from Amazon, but I have experience with actual weathertec brand in my Mercedes sprinter van)

Tuxmats were the best in my opinion. The clips are not difficult to install at all. You really only need to install one clip in the driver side along the center console side. Everywhere else the fit is so good you don't need any clips at all. It is a larger piece of material so it is more difficult than the others to get in and out.

Autailors is great for the cargo because it is split. Autailors is more of a southern California type floor mat. There is no lip for catching liquids

The taptes (3dmaxpider copy) were decent but the fit and feel was not great. I'd go with actual 3dmaxpider if this is what you want. It's easier to remove for cleaning than Tuxmats but that's the only upside.

I didn't like the oem rubber kind. Gives the car a very work trucky type vibe because once the rubber gets dirty they will never have that clean wet rubber look again

Last edited:
Reactions: ajstan