Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience with HEA brand all-weather complete set? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0929DCRN1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks
Interesting. Could be a great find. There's also a $40 off coupon via the Microsoft Edge browser so it seems like it would be easy to try with Prime delivery and free returns. I would then just need the second row seat back protectors.

Maybe something like this for the seat backs. Again, if they seem to be cheaply made, I could always return them:

@whatthe2 and @EVchiq, thanks for the quick replies!

Last edited:
Interesting. Could be a great find. There's also a $40 off coupon via the Microsoft Edge browser so it seems like it would be easy to try with Prime delivery and free returns. I would then just need the second row seat back protectors.

Maybe something like this for the seat backs. Again, if they seem to be cheaply made, I could always return them:

@whatthe2 and @EVchiq, thanks for the quick replies!

I have that exact seat back protector. It's nice. It's like a soft faux leather type material. It matches nicely if you have a black interior

Reactions: ajstan
Has anyone purchased Abstract Ocean's Model Y floor mats? I seems to me that you are just paying for the name for the other well know brands (i.e., 3D MAXpider, Tesmanian, Teslarati).

I don’t see why people spend 200+ dollars for the all weather floor mats that. Personally I’m keep the regular ones because they look better and they’re 80 dollars to replace once they really get worn out. I could go through 3-4 of the original ones that aren’t all weather instead of buying one ugly all weather one.
I had the same question too, but guess the sides do get scuffed up without the all weather?!!

I'm in MN and need better mats for the winters and rain. After researching for weeks, I bought TAPTES - excellent fit and coverage, great price, no gaudy logos, and the material is nice - items don't slide around on them as easily as harder rubber mats - very happy with them

I'm in MN and need better mats for the winters and rain. After researching for weeks, I bought TAPTES - excellent fit and coverage, great price, no gaudy logos, and the material is nice - items don't slide around on them as easily as harder rubber mats - very happy with them
If I hadn’t gotten Tuxmats (can’t get better coverage) I would have gone with Taptes myself. Their trunk mat has the coverage I thought Tuxmats would have.

Just wanted to report back and give another thumbs up for Tuxmat. Bought the front and rear passenger set (already had cargo mat, bought it slightly used with Gemini take-offs back in December). Despite some concerns, the clip system works surprisingly well. Did not need to use very many of the clips - the velcro ones I used on the top driver and passenger sides, and a few more that slide underneath plastic trim. They haven't moved at all, look great, are easy to clean up, let's see how well they wear over time.

Need to do some shopping for rear seat back protectors after loading up some backerboard and 2x4 studs this weekend. Had some very strange looks from people in pickup trucks,at the local home improvement store, when loading up yesterday. Didn't have far to go but was concerned over having to stop quickly and having a stud crash into the screen...not sure that'll be a habit but I was in a bind and wife's Highlander was not available.

Just wanted to report back and give another thumbs up for Tuxmat. Bought the front and rear passenger set (already had cargo mat, bought it slightly used with Gemini take-offs back in December). Despite some concerns, the clip system works surprisingly well. Did not need to use very many of the clips - the velcro ones I used on the top driver and passenger sides, and a few more that slide underneath plastic trim. They haven't moved at all, look great, are easy to clean up, let's see how well they wear over time.

Need to do some shopping for rear seat back protectors after loading up some backerboard and 2x4 studs this weekend. Had some very strange looks from people in pickup trucks,at the local home improvement store, when loading up yesterday. Didn't have far to go but was concerned over having to stop quickly and having a stud crash into the screen...not sure that'll be a habit but I was in a bind and wife's Highlander was not available.
You might be able to find something like these for a bit less as well....

Reactions: Corndart
Here is my quick review of the Tesmanian mats which I've had since delivery and got a chance to use them in snowy/slushy weather.

Pieces: Front/Rear floor mats, sub-trunk/frunk liners, cargo liner with 2nd row seat back protectors. I also have the retractable cargo cover which is in the Sale section of the website with a 30% off coupon. Well worth it for me.

• The fit is great for all pieces. I really like the coverage and sidewalls.
  • The Tesmanian mats have a rubbery feel unlike the Weather Tech mats in my Honda that feel plasticky and somewhat slippery.
  • They are very easy to keep looking clean. There are enough grooves to channel liquids away from your feet, but not so many that they are difficult to clean individually. Also, the texture enough to grip, but not so much that it traps and holds dirt.
  • Before installing, I applied 303 Aerospace protectant to all pieces, and as a result, any dirt wipes off with the Costco Baby Wipes I purchased to clean the white seats. For muddier situations, a damp towel cleans them off and has them looking like new. They are also easy to vacuum to pick up small stones and debris.
  • I'm sure that in some cases it's due to lighting, but in every video I see where someone reviews floor mats, the mats look dirty and worn in spots, even when they have been cleaned. That's how my Weather Tech mats look. The Tesmanian mats always look new. Maybe it's the combination with the 303.
  • The styling supports the minimalist vibe of the MY. I thought I was going to want to get something snazzier like the Autailors for the warmer months, but as of now, I'm going to stick with the Tesmanians year-round and keep the protection for when we go hiking or to the lake/beach, especially along the sides of each mat and the dead pedal.
On the Fence
  • Initially, I was disappointed that the seat back protector kit was two pieces instead of three, but now I think I prefer the two piece because of the gapless coverage between the left and center seats. If I need to use the pass through, I'll just put down the left seat too. I'm not expecting a situation where I will need to carry 3 passengers and use the pass-through at the same time. If the need ever arises, I'll just remove the seat back protector and use a towel for the pass-through.
Dislike
  • The Velcro on the bottom of the trunk liner frays the carpet underneath. The whole liner moves when you try to access the sub-trunk and then it loses its grip. I removed the Velcro and will probably try a fabric shaver to clean things up. If I had to do it over, I would probably remove the four Velcro strips from the cargo liner before installing.

On a separate note, the trunk storage bins with the matching carpeted covers from Tesla are another great addition. It extends the floor of the cargo area, keeps smaller items from falling down into the side pockets, and covers up what's being stored for a cleaner look.

Had niece and nephew staying with wife and I last week during thanksgiving. One of them got gum/candy or something on rear carpets. Noticed while cleaning the car today. That with first winter with our Y coming, time to buy some rain mats.

I’ve been using weather tech with all previous cars. Weather tech mats, so I have read, don’t have full coverage at left foot rest area at driver floor. I have big feet and always have my left foot there. So weathertech is out.

Here’s what I am considering:

1. Basemor
2. Tesmanian
3. Tuxmat
4. Taptes

Not really sure what I am going to decide yet. But most of these are on sale through tomorrow. I think I could probably be fine with any of the above.

If anyone dislikes any of the above please comment.

Had niece and nephew staying with wife and I last week during thanksgiving. One of them got gum/candy or something on rear carpets. Noticed while cleaning the car today. That with first winter with our Y coming, time to buy some rain mats.

I’ve been using weather tech with all previous cars. Weather tech mats, so I have read, don’t have full coverage at left foot rest area at driver floor. I have big feet and always have my left foot there. So weathertech is out.

Here’s what I am considering:

1. Basemor
2. Tesmanian
3. Tuxmat
4. Taptes

Not really sure what I am going to decide yet. But most of these are on sale through tomorrow. I think I could probably be fine with any of the above.

If anyone dislikes any of the above please comment.
Tuxmats have the absolute best coverage and look very good. I have tried multiple types (Weathertech/Teslas, Tesmanian, 3D Maxpiders) like Tuxmats the best (I have kids…and for them to me it’s an obvious choice).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: oneday
Hello, we are TESERY team. We focus on Tesla accessories, and we provide premium all-weather 3D Tesla floor mats. You visit the product page through this link to learn more details: All Weather 3D Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2018-2023 & Model Y 2021-2

Here are some pictures of the floor mats:
1_5_极速看图.jpg

tesla floor mats 454545.jpg

I had the 3d Maxpider mats but couldn't get the rear mats to get rid of the crease, had to return it. I do like their sticking tech as it grips the car's fabric pretty well and they don't slide around. Also my wife didn't like the bold non stealth logo.

I went and purchased the Basenor mats and those are pretty nice because the driver mat have the full coverage for your foot rest. Very similar to the 3d Maxpider but without the logo and without the same sticking tech. The rear mats didn't have much creases and it's cheaper than the 3d Maxpider. I would recommend this one.

I did return the Basenor mats because Tesla is setting me up with their weather tech floor mats. I'll see how that is once I receive them. ETA is sometime next week unless they delay it again.

Dang it looks like Tuxmat is out of stock for Y 5-seater.
So I ended up signing up for Tuxmat text alert for when they came back in stock. They texted me, I waited a day, they were sold out again. Anyways, I signed up again, and just received the mats.

Very, very impressed with the coverage of the Tuxmat. Haven’t installed yet, so not sure about fit.

Question for all those with Tuxmat. Did anyone apply the 303 aerospace protectant on their Tuxmat?

So I ended up signing up for Tuxmat text alert for when they came back in stock. They texted me, I waited a day, they were sold out again. Anyways, I signed up again, and just received the mats.

Very, very impressed with the coverage of the Tuxmat. Haven’t installed yet, so not sure about fit.

Question for all those with Tuxmat. Did anyone apply the 303 aerospace protectant on their Tuxmat?
I did not, but I just had an entire smoothie spill in my car (my wife didn’t use the cup holders). If I didn’t have the Tuxmats I would be trying to get the green smoothie bits out of the side wall carpets, instead I just pulled the mats out hosed them down scrubbed them, dried them and put them back….love these mats