Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y foot/kick sensor.

Lucy903

Oct 18, 2018
Hello fellow model Y owners.
I just want to share a video of the Hansshow foot/kick sensor installation. If you have a question on the installation process, just send me a message. Enjoy the video.
When you decide to order the Model Y foot sensor from HANSSHOW, please use coupon code ISIP to save 15% with your order.

Last edited:

aspushkin

Mar 5, 2020
SF Bay Area
Awesome. One part is a bit confusing - in the video he says app needs to be open. Does it mean if I am within bluetooth range anyone can open it? What's with app open in general.. Is there a special state of authorization for the car if app is open and screen is locked?

Lucy903

Oct 18, 2018
Even your phone is locked as long as your Tesla app is open and the phone is in your possession, the sensor should work.

Lucy903

Oct 18, 2018
It works exactly the same when you unlocked your car with your phone on you. In other words, even your phone is locked, as long as your Tesla app is open, the sensor should work.

Reactions: qdeathstar

Lucy903

Oct 18, 2018
I doubt it, but if it does, just relocate the sensor. The hardest part of the install is fishing the wire to the rubber boot. Took me 2 hours to install.

Lucy903

Oct 18, 2018
Tesla cars automatically goes to locked position when you’re driving. The sensor will not trigger as long as the car is in locked mode. I believed when they did the frunk review on low speed, the sensor triggered because the auto locked did not endgames because if very low speed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 19

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC