Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who picked up in Ottawa, did you have to finalize all your paperwork etc with SA in Toronto or Montreal before delivery date so when you showed up you got key card and that is basic it?
Ya I made all payments, signed all docs, sent all proofs (license, insurance etc.) Then when I picked up it was a walk around for defects / damage, get the cards, small chit chat, close out the delivery giving me car access and off I went. No confirmation of any paperwork or anything. Come to think of it, I don't even think I proved I was who I was LOL.

Ya I made all payments, signed all docs, sent all proofs (license, insurance etc.) Then when I picked up it was a walk around for defects / damage, get the cards, small chit chat, close out the delivery giving me car access and off I went. No confirmation of any paperwork or anything. Come to think of it, I don't even think I proved I was who I was LOL.
Yes, I agree, I prepared all the docs with the exception of the delivery one in advance which I carried with me. For payment, I went to the bank enroute to the SC, and set up a wire payment, and the provided the receipt as evidence.

Starting early thinking of winter tires and rims for model Y.
Any thoughts of good rubber for the Model Y? Currently have the gemini all seasons.
Love in the ottawa area and will be going to ski hills two or three times a week.

My early research says that the Pirelli Sottozero 3 or Michelin X-Ice Xi3 are the best winter tires for Teslas. Tesla includes the Pirellis with their winter wheel/tire packages. You can't go wrong with either. They're both top tier tires, so they're going to be pricy, but why would you put cheap tires on an expensive car?

Edit: was just checking prices, and turns out the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 is not available in the Tesla Gemini wheel tire sizes (255/45R19). So Pirelli it is. They're 391CAD each at Canadian Tire.

• Informative
Reactions: ahbitheman
My early research says that the Pirelli Sottozero 3 or Michelin X-Ice Xi3 are the best winter tires for Teslas. Tesla includes the Pirellis with their winter wheel/tire packages. You can't go wrong with either. They're both top tier tires, so they're going to be pricy, but why would you put cheap tires on an expensive car?

Edit: was just checking prices, and turns out the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 is not available in the Tesla Gemini wheel tire sizes (255/45R19). So Pirelli it is. They're 391CAD each at Canadian Tire.

I'm going to wait to see what Tesla offers the xiice were great on my Model 3 and sucks they don't have the Y size. Nokian Hakka are for the Gemini and they are one of the best for EVs. Long wait sometimes for them. Pirelli not best for Ottawa if you drive in suburbs/rural as they're more ice traction than for deeper snow. Pirelli good for highway driving.

Ya I used to work in a shop and rusted lock nuts were my nemesis.

I haven't touched the check list since I last i can see shared it ... happy to update it if there's anything missing though. Or happy to pass it down to the next owner:).
Hi, I'm getting my MY Sunday at 1:00 pm. I was wondering if I can see your checklist. I'm new to the forum, don't know how to see the list if it was shared :)

A few of us already have .13. Not sure what the difference is, but I have it.

Have you connected you car to Wi-Fi? Not sure if that helps.
It is connected to wifi, maybe the 12/13 thing has something to do with FSD or maybe its a performance/lrawd?
I see the US guys complaining about 2020.24.x.x in the user interface section. That is the version that gives you the ability to swipe sideways on the BU camera screen to see your side camera. I dont have that function yet.

It is connected to wifi, maybe the 12/13 thing has something to do with FSD or maybe its a performance/lrawd?
I see the US guys complaining about 2020.24.x.x in the user interface section. That is the version that gives you the ability to swipe sideways on the BU camera screen to see your side camera. I dont have that function yet.
I do have FSD so if you don't then that could be it ... I certainly don't have the side camera option yet.

The Nokian hakka studded tires are by far and away the best winter tires for safety, if there is ever any ice or packed snow where you live. In pure powder there is comparable performance from stuck, but in regards to slipping on cornering or stopping distance there’s really nothing to think about.