Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI for those that haven't picked up yet, and who may have ordered recently, Tesla dropped the price on the Y.

Starting at $69990 for the LR AWD.

Thanks sckor, good catch!

The price of my config dropped by a little over $1000.

I just sent an email to my sales advisor to inquire whether they will be offering the new price since I haven’t paid or picked up yet. If they say no, I suppose I could still technically cancel and reorder at the new price. I would guess they will say that will delay my delivery, but I am not really in a huge rush anyways.

Just curious, did anyone purchase additional "New vehicle replacement" insurance. I was wondering how much extra that will cost. I am in BC and I can either purchase through ICBC or a third party.
I just set up insurance for my Model Y that's arriving soon. At TD Meloche Monnex with a university group rate, I'm paying $1460/yr with a $500 deductible, accident forgiveness and 5-year replacement cost. The rep said that the 5-year replacement cost coverage costs about $90 in the first year and goes up every year until it's around $250 in the 5th year, and then it goes away, but you can cancel it at any time. Also if you're a good driver and are comfortable with the monitoring, TD has a smartphone app that monitors your driving habits, and based on how well you drive, your premiums would be reduced by 0% to 25% (you get 5% off for the first year). The app monitors speed, acceleration, braking and cornering. They say the data will never be used to increase premiums but I wonder if they could use it against you if there was an accident... I opted out.

I just set up insurance for my Model Y that's arriving soon. At TD Meloche Monnex with a university group rate, I'm paying $1460/yr with a $500 deductible, accident forgiveness and 5-year replacement cost. The rep said that the 5-year replacement cost coverage costs about $90 in the first year and goes up every year until it's around $250 in the 5th year, and then it goes away, but you can cancel it at any time. Also if you're a good driver and are comfortable with the monitoring, TD has a smartphone app that monitors your driving habits, and based on how well you drive, your premiums would be reduced by 0% to 25% (you get 5% off for the first year). The app monitors speed, acceleration, braking and cornering. They say the data will never be used to increase premiums but I wonder if they could use it against you if there was an accident... I opted out.
Is that tax in?

I will be paying about $1000 more for insurance in BC sigh. I would opt out of the monitoring app too especially with a Tesla.

I just called tesla sales and they updated my pricing. I upgraded to induction wheels for basically the same price.

There's no tax on car insurance in Ontario.
Thanks sckor, good catch!

The price of my config dropped by a little over $1000.

I just sent an email to my sales advisor to inquire whether they will be offering the new price since I haven’t paid or picked up yet. If they say no, I suppose I could still technically cancel and reorder at the new price. I would guess they will say that will delay my delivery, but I am not really in a huge rush anyways.

My config. Price dropped $5890. With the recent MY price drop.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and re-order to lock in the new price. This way, if the price goes up again before delivery, I am locked at the cheaper one. what do you think?

Has anyone purchased a non Tesla home charger? I am thinking to support local and they’re cheaper...

For what you get I think the Tesla Wall Connectors the price is good and there is no need for J1772 adapter to use it. I own 3, 2 at home 1 at the cottage.

A stove plug, a NEMA 14-50 outlet is even less expensive and you can just keep you mobile connector attached to it.

I ordered June 7 - LR AWD / 19” / blue exterior / black interior - and have delivery scheduled for Wednesday at Oakville.

I’m planning to go into the store tomorrow to ask about the price drop and get it applied to my order before delivery (it’s worth $6780 to me incl. HST!). Lots of people seem interested in this so I’ll post what happens...

Reactions: Doctormike87
Let’s keep each other posted on this- I haven’t gotten my VIN yet, and I ordered March 15th. It would not kill me to wait a little longer, as I could user the price break.

I ordered March 10th, haven't gotten VIN yet....called my SA today just as I found out about this announcement asking if I would get the price adjustment or if I should cancel and re-order. He said to keep the order, then proceeded to try 2 ways of adjusting the price: First, he told me to try to "edit" my vehicle online to apply the changes without actually changing anything, which didn't work for me (posting in case it works for you folks). The backup plan was for him to make the price adjustment manually on his end. He confirmed it was complete, and said that I should see an updated order agreement on the site in a few days. Will see what happens!

Reactions: Doctormike87
I ordered March 10th, haven't gotten VIN yet....called my SA today just as I found out about this announcement asking if I would get the price adjustment or if I should cancel and re-order. He said to keep the order, then proceeded to try 2 ways of adjusting the price: First, he told me to try to "edit" my vehicle online to apply the changes without actually changing anything, which didn't work for me (posting in case it works for you folks). The backup plan was for him to make the price adjustment manually on his end. He confirmed it was complete, and said that I should see an updated order agreement on the site in a few days. Will see what happens!
Typically if you change the order, say upgrade or downgrade your rims, will adjust the price to current rates. When I did this early in my order the price change was immediate.

For what you get I think the Tesla Wall Connectors the price is good and there is no need for J1772 adapter to use it. I own 3, 2 at home 1 at the cottage.

A stove plug, a NEMA 14-50 outlet is even less expensive and you can just keep you mobile connector attached to it.
Great tip, thanks. I will order the mobile charger & NEMA. We are moving in 6 months, so this is a great option so I can take the charger when we move.

Wow I am sorry but a price drip like this should not be happening this close the should be giving existing orders a price adjustment.

I just picked up my car over a week ago.

I am very frustrated at this.

They should do something for customers that got the shaft on this
Unfortunately this spar for the course with TESLA. Model 3 owners deal with the same thing. The thing with TESLA is they make changes to the cars as improvements and or efficiencies are found and they pass those savings on. Sucks for those of us who just purchased, but it's better than buying a car that doesn't improve after you buy it, and you have the buy the next model to benefit from any possible improvements.

Still hard to stomach though ... I know.

If it wasn't for the fact that I bought FSD I would have been more upset.