Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have abstract oceans brushed black metallic console wrap on my 3. Ordered the same one for the Y, although I wanted to go with satin white but I “let” the wife win this round. The thicker the wrap the easier it is to apply. So the brushed metallic and matrix wraps will be easier than the matte or satin ones.

Looking forward seeing the Model Y here in London driving around. Congrats

Total bs buddy. I have a myp with td, $1300/yr

I have ~$1700/yr with the Personal, which is around ~$200/yr cheaper than with my current trade-in car (Mazda CX-3). When I expressed surprise at that, the agent told me it was probably lower because of a lack of data for the car and because few people drive Teslas in general. Whatever, I’ll take it!

I live in the North York area (around the 401 and Yonge) for reference.

I got a quote from TD $1280/year for

1 million liability
Collision $1000 deductible
Comp $500 deductible
5 year replacement protection

I have my both houses and another car with them already. Do you guys think this is good enough or can we get better deal if I find other insurance and port everything over.

Got confirmation that my car is likely going to be in Oakville on time to be delivered Tuesday. Very excited. Reminds me of watching Ponch, jd007 and the other early deliveries talk about how the last few days of waiting were just as bad as the months of no VIN.

Also I'm also with TD MM, I'm looking at about 1600/yr with my wife driving it mostly for work. 14K/25K km for work probably adds some expense.

I got a quote from TD $1280/year for

1 million liability
Collision $1000 deductible
Comp $500 deductible
5 year replacement protection

I have my both houses and another car with them already. Do you guys think this is good enough or can we get better deal if I find other insurance and port everything over.
After 2 years of having my model 3, I swear by $250 comprehensive deductible. I'm on my third windshield and it costs about $1300 to replace at the service center.

that’s odd. I’m 27xxx, but no vin was added (my SA supplied it via email). Ordered the poverty edition like you (except upgraded the rims to 20”). Must’ve just lucked out!

I swear my luck changed as soon as I got this new SA assigned to me. He's been rock solid. Just today, he gave me a delivery date of July 31st, got my contract out to me and has the plates pre-ordered from Toronto because he knows that sometimes slows the process down! So, it looks like July is my last month driving my 15-year-old beater...she served me well!

Reactions: Doctormike87
I swear my luck changed as soon as I got this new SA assigned to me. He's been rock solid. Just today, he gave me a delivery date of July 31st, got my contract out to me and has the plates pre-ordered from Toronto because he knows that sometimes slows the process down! So, it looks like July is my last month driving my 15-year-old beater...she served me well!

That's what I was thinking until I got a message saying that my VIN was reassigned to someone else and that my order for my vehicle won't get any cheaper cause I was a day 1 order and the cost of FSD is much higher now so that offset the recent discount to the base price of the vehicle. Sighz...back in holding!

That's what I was thinking until I got a message saying that my VIN was reassigned to someone else and that my order for my vehicle won't get any cheaper cause I was a day 1 order and the cost of FSD is much higher now so that offset the recent discount to the base price of the vehicle. Sighz...back in holding!

Yes - same - I'm still ahead by 2000$ over new price drop - so they did nothing for me.
Delivery on Monday !

I have abstract oceans brushed black metallic console wrap on my 3. Ordered the same one for the Y, although I wanted to go with satin white but I “let” the wife win this round. The thicker the wrap the easier it is to apply. So the brushed metallic and matrix wraps will be easier than the matte or satin ones.

Awesome feedback; thanks! The wife wants satin or matrix black and, although I like the matte look, matrix will probably make the most sense.

Ordered MY DM default config. + tow hitch July 13. Currently own M3 SR+ Blue + FSD delivered May 14 2019. Waited 5 weeks for the M3.
I like much better the MY order wait this year since I already drive a great Tesla.
Will be trading M3 in or private sell. Undecided. Due to the tax savings I won't sell my M3+ privately if the savings are less than $2000. I had made the same reasoning when Trading in my Volt 2017. Let me tell you it's great to just drop the old one off without a worry and get into a new car in the same 1-2 hour delivery window.

I'm not in any rush and hope delivery is not any sooner than August-September. Not liking the poverty edition defects everyone are reporting. I had few defects with my M3+ and it had to get repainted at Fix-It next door to SC Montreal.

Last edited: