Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought the 7 piece set yesterday from Teslarati.I have two messy kids and want to have them before the winter.

I bought the ones for my Model 3 from the Tesla Shop. They were roughly the same price and excellent quality. I didn't want to wait until Tesla gets their Model Y mats because they sold out same day for the M3.

It was a hard pill to swallow, but for a ~$90k CAD car after FSD, taxes, red interior, white seats, I just figured why not protect my investment from my kids.

Every other Model Y mats look like they come from Canadian Tire.

Haha.. I guess so.. it just seems like a lot for just floor mats.. but after the hitch, ppf, front plate holder, ssd drive, what’s another $600 :)

• Funny
Reactions: Mansley
Haha.. I guess so.. it just seems like a lot for just floor mats.. but after the hitch, ppf, front plate holder, ssd drive, what’s another $600 :)

Exactly. It's terrible, but so true.

Also, "Front Plate Holder"? It doesn't come standard for Canadian vehicles? My M3 came with one last year?

Do you have a link where you bought one as I will probably need to drop more $$$.

Exactly. It's terrible, but so true.

Also, "Front Plate Holder"? It doesn't come standard for Canadian vehicles? My M3 came with one last year?

Do you have a link where you bought one as I will probably need to drop more $$$.

My Y came with front and back plates already installed. I think some folks like to install the front one themselves because they don’t want holes put in the front bumper maybe?

Reactions: Mansley
Tesla provides a front plate holder that is held on with 3M VHB double-sided tape - no drilling. This tape is used for lots of industrial applications and it should hold fine. The only reason I'd ever take the front plate off would be if the law changed in Ontario. With a little dental floss and goo-gone, there'd be no sign it was ever there.

Oh God. Definitely. Day 1, like pre-ordered on day 1?

The sales rep called me this week and said end of August or 1st week of September.

Hopefully my wife gets her short shorts before then for some S3XY pics ;)

Yup...I ordered on March 15, 2019 (I was on a night shift...first break I got was at 3am...and I put my order in). And I'm still waiting. While I don't mind the extended wait, it is somewhat annoying hearing people order and get a VIN matched within 3 days. :eek:...I suppose at least I get an e-mail every other week from my advisor apologizing for the wait and that he's checking daily to match me to a vehicle.

:confused:

Good luck!

Picked up my Model Y AWD LR yesterday and it had a nice front plate holder which I like. Glad it's one thing less to worry on. Only minor cosmetic issues I noticed during delivery (e.g. trunk is slightly misaligned / not flush with back bumper, right side trim by the headlight sticks out a little, etc.). I'm having these issues addressed next Friday. I'm assuming I'll want these addressed before doing any detailing / PFF / ceramic stuff.

As a sad note, I already scuffed by passenger side rims! I have a narrow driveway and the raised cement scuffed by front left wheel and rim as I backup parked late last night. Feel like a total noob. I hear I can have this fixed by "rim folks" (any recommendations) or should I just ask Tesla to fix? (assuming they will be more). Given my narrow driveway, I think this could happen again so any recommendations on longer term solutions (i.e. some type of protective buffer) that might help reduce damage would be ideal.

Thanks!

Tesla provides a front plate holder that is held on with 3M VHB double-sided tape - no drilling. This tape is used for lots of industrial applications and it should hold fine. The only reason I'd ever take the front plate off would be if the law changed in Ontario. With a little dental floss and goo-gone, there'd be no sign it was ever there.

Yup...I ordered on March 15, 2019 (I was on a night shift...first break I got was at 3am...and I put my order in). And I'm still waiting. While I don't mind the extended wait, it is somewhat annoying hearing people order and get a VIN matched within 3 days. :eek:...I suppose at least I get an e-mail every other week from my advisor apologizing for the wait and that he's checking daily to match me to a vehicle.

:confused:

Good luck!

Wow it's crazy you're still waiting! I assume it's because of it being red?

So I’m supposed to have a follow up appointment tomorrow for my delivery issues...

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

All I know is that it is sometime between 1:30 and 5:30 at the service center... Apparently, I have to be there 15m after they contact me.. but it takes longer than that to drive there - so there’s that..

I’m pretty sure they can’t fix the paint and alignment issues while I wait... is there a loaner you can get? Will I need to leave the car?

Has anyone gone through this already - it seems hard to find this info or get through to a person...

thx

So I’m supposed to have a follow up appointment tomorrow for my delivery issues...

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

All I know is that it is sometime between 1:30 and 5:30 at the service center... Apparently, I have to be there 15m after they contact me.. but it takes longer than that to drive there - so there’s that..

I’m pretty sure they can’t fix the paint and alignment issues while I wait... is there a loaner you can get? Will I need to leave the car?

Has anyone gone through this already - it seems hard to find this info or get through to a person...

thx

I got my service done in Toronto last Wednesday, and I was given a drop off time and instructions on exactly where to park the vehicle. I was directed to get out and leave it with the key card on the dash and the windows open. Immediately after I arrived with the car, I was sent Uber credits in the amount of $100, valid for the day. I watched from afar until my vehicle was safely inside before catching an Uber home (I work from home Wednesdays).

I got a text saying my vehicle was ready about five hours later and when I arrived it was parked in the outdoor lot.

I would recommend bringing your car in clean and taking pictures before you leave it - my car was a bit dirty and when I washed it after getting it home, I found a small scratch near the bumper around where they would have been working (fixing taillights and side panel). They insisted they couldn’t have done it, but I had only had my car four days at that point and I knew I hadn’t hit or scratched it on anything. They did end up fixing it for me (but this required another trip to and from the service center).

Otherwise they did an okay job with the few issues I had - they were all slightly better, but not perfect (protruding taillights, front panels around headlights not quite flush, and doors not quite aligned on passenger side). The issues didn’t bother me that much from the beginning, so I am still thrilled with my car despite the very minor flaws.

Thanks for the reply.. I was waiting for a call and got one at 3:30 and brought the car in around 4.. I’m skeptical they can fix everything in 2h - but I’m currently waiting at the service center.

Hopefully they can fix everything to an acceptable level.. if not - can you escalate the issues?

Does anyone know what the final cost is, including shipping, tax and duty, for these mats? Looks like they're currently selling for ~$530USD on the Teslarati website. I'm just wondering what other costs are added to that and whether there is a cheaper alternative source in Canada.

Does anyone know what the final cost is, including shipping, tax and duty, for these mats? Looks like they're currently selling for ~$530USD on the Teslarati website. I'm just wondering what other costs are added to that and whether there is a cheaper alternative source in Canada.

$622.24 USD after shipping (to Toronto).

so... $833.09 CAD.

Yes, there are cheaper options on amazon but they look like knock-off cheap plastic liners. And they’ll likely arrive at the same time.

I felt if I’m already dropping ~$90k CAD on this car after taxes, may as well protect it from my kids for $800.00.