Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Y delivered today - they shipped it on an open carrier from Calgary through Regina apparently. Pickup was at a random truck stop near my house :)

Car looks good. I'm not going to take the calipers to the panel gaps or anything, but I've never done that with other cars I've bought either. Everything seems to be working properly, and looks good. Pretty sure it's the first Y in Saskatchewan, but who knows. The trailer just had a couple of pickup trucks left on it after the Y came off. 1 pedal driving will take some getting used to.

Blue LR AWD, ordered end of January.

The shop in oakville that will do ppf and ceramic wants $1500 for the front end, and $4000 for the full car.
I can provide their details for anyone who needs it, my car is going in next week.
I am doing 35% tint with ceramic on the front windows. Does anyone know what the rest of the glass on the car has, including the roof? I dont know if those have ceramic or need it. Anyone knows?

Glad your car was in good condition and no mismatch with the white paint!

Thanks for the info about the shop in Oakville - so the cost for both ceramic and PPF on the whole car is $4000? That seems like a good price - I live in the North York area so I was looking at shops around here and it seemed like the minimum price for PPF only is around $4000.

I would love to hear your impressions of the quality of their work after you take yours in - I don’t have a VIN yet so I’m sure I won’t be getting mine until late July at the earliest.

Thanks for the info about the shop in Oakville - so the cost for both ceramic and PPF on the whole car is $4000? That seems like a good price - I live in the North York area so I was looking at shops around here and it seemed like the minimum price for PPF only is around $4000.

I would love to hear your impressions of the quality of their work after you take yours in - I don’t have a VIN yet so I’m sure I won’t be getting mine until late July at the earliest.
I will check pricing to see whats included exactly, but I believe it is just ppf, another shop will do ceramic.

Last edited:

I have very reputable shop (Pickering) $2400 - PPT: bumper-hood-front fenders and ceramic complete car.

I’ve got the same order as yours but no VIN yet.

I’m wondering about the PPF — is that different than just a 3M wrap? I’m new to this, but am curious as to the extra detailing options.

Hoping to head over to the Oakville store, soon!

So i just got back. Oakville is pretty awesome with the delivery. Have a relatively flawless y. There was a small issue at the passanger headlight where they did a small touch up. The only way to correct is to address the whole fender which I will not let them take off, as it will be worse after addressing it then now. I brought my bdoy shop guy to pickup so he combed the whole car and said not to touch it. Otherwise flawless. The heat was insane, must have been 50c in the sun where they parked it. No one cared that we were 4 people there for 2hrs inspecting it before signing.

View attachment 558216

- spacing between fins - same as gap between fins??
- width (Top to bottom of one) of fins - about 2mm for the vertical and horizontal ones using a tapemeasure.
- length (front to back of one) of fins - 15mm
- gap between fins - 16mm on center - they are tapered, hard to measure inside to inside.
- how many fins are there - 4
- Distance between the front of the fins to the front of the bumper - my eyes arent the greatest but about 90mm

I have some pics on my phone if you want to send me a phone number or email I can send them to.

Other parts are still on the printer but here is the start of the plate holder. It will all be in black and the red parts are from my test prints ... I'll send a final on the car if everything goes to plan :).

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_101026.jpg
    IMG_20200702_101026.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 54
I have very reputable shop (Pickering) $2400 - PPT: bumper-hood-front fenders and ceramic complete car.

I’d be interested in that - are you able to share which shop?

How important is it to get PPF on the whole car vs just the front end? I’ve only ever had inexpensive cars in the past so this is my first time looking into any kind of paint protection. I do have about a million rock chips on the front of my current car from highway driving, so it seems like a no-brainer to do at least the front...

How important is it to get PPF on the whole car vs just the front end? I’ve only ever had inexpensive cars in the past so this is my first time looking into any kind of paint protection. I do have about a million rock chips on the front of my current car from highway driving, so it seems like a no-brainer to do at least the front...

I hear you - first time for me also - my car buddies tell me the Mod Y must have PPF because of faceless front and very steep hood. And throw in front fenders.
One Mod Y owner in U.S. says to do rear doors or partial because they flare out, therefore rocks come off the front tires and pepper them - so that would be on top of 2400$ - I will definitely add that.
If you were to do whole car PPF yer probably up to that 4000$ ( incl. ceramic ) . I've been told that with ceramic everywhere you won't be able to tell what is ppf and what isn't.
Then there's window tinting - console/dash wraps - sound insulation gaskets - etc --- yeesh .$$$

Last edited:
I did a full PPF wrap on my 2013 Model S and I'm really happy I did. No stone chips or paint damage after 187,000 km, including lots of highway driving. On Model Y, the front-facing edge of the rear fenders could catch stones too, so I'd suggest doing at least the front bumper, hood, front and rear quarter panels and side mirrors. As for the full wrap, it means no worries about damaging the paint when brushing off snow, washing the car or even scrubbing off bugs or tar.

Re. Detail Shop contact - I've been told if we have a few Mod Y's - we'd get better prices. If you are serious I will give you his cell #. I don't have name of shop - I'm communicating thru my buddy who has his Corvette C8 there right now -- lol - and he's sensitive about his relationship with his detail guy.

Re. Detail Shop contact - I've been told if we have a few Mod Y's - we'd get better prices. If you are serious I will give you his cell #. I don't have name of shop - I'm communicating thru my buddy who has his Corvette C8 there right now -- lol - and he's sensitive about his relationship with his detail guy.

I definitely want to get PPF and probably ceramic done - but I don’t know if I can commit 100% to a particular shop right now since I am still looking around - and turn around time will also affect my decision since I can’t be without a car for too long (I have a long commute that will be a huge pain wth public transportation). But thanks for the advice about the PPF on the back doors - I definitely want to get it done right the first time!