Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to see some white interiors coming in. Hopefully Ill hear about my white on white soon. I had to talk my wife out of a CPO BMW plug in X5 today. What finally did it was her sitting in an X5 and the buttons were too much compared to our Model 3.

What do you think best wrap for console and/or dash re. white seats? I like carbon fibre but maybe too busy for black and white interior...thinking matte black

Every time I search for "5Y" in source code I get so excited when I see a result, only to have random parts of the code have 5Yb or 5Ym. Website is being a tease.

Haha, same here! I’ve started searching “VIN”:null instead since that is what I am pessimistically expecting to see.

My trade-in quote expires tomorrow too and I’m not looking forward to having to submit all the pictures again. Hopefully I can just update the odometer reading instead.

I have a VIN and my car is on its way but there's still no VIN in my web page source. There is an MVPA and that has the VIN in it. So if you're eagerly refreshing and checking, watch for an MVPA link to appear below the App Store and Google Play icons.

BOOM! Received VIN ( 22*** ) and delivery date !
July 6 - date of manufacture.
fyi - VIN still doesn't appear on source code ( great movie btw ).

So do guys really drive straight to detailer without enjoying the car for a day or 2 ?

Reactions: dontblinkdoc
BOOM! Received VIN ( 22*** ) and delivery date !
July 6 - date of manufacture.
fyi - VIN still doesn't appear on source code ( great movie btw ).

So do guys really drive straight to detailer without enjoying the car for a day or 2 ?
Congrats. Did you get a call, email or text? I don't want to keep bugging my advisor, he'll let me know when he hears something, but the wait is rough.

Hi guys, I just registered an account here. Looks like this thread is very active, I have some questions:
1. Do I have a chance to take a look at my new Model Y before payment? I think I will reject the delivery if there are too many issues.
2. Can I drive it back to my garage with my current insurance(with rbc insurance right now)? I'm worried about the potential quality issues so I don't want to purchase insurance for it before delivery. Plus, I want my Model Y to stay in my garage until I privately sell my current car.
3. Any idea when Oakville store will provide Model Y test drive?
What do you guys think? Thanks!

Hi guys, I just registered an account here. Looks like this thread is very active, I have some questions:
1. Do I have a chance to take a look at my new Model Y before payment? I think I will reject the delivery if there are too many issues.
2. Can I drive it back to my garage with my current insurance(with rbc insurance right now)? I'm worried about the potential quality issues so I don't want to purchase insurance for it before delivery. Plus, I want my Model Y to stay in my garage until I privately sell my current car.
3. Any idea when Oakville store will provide Model Y test drive?
What do you guys think? Thanks!
1. You'll have a chance to check it over.
2. If I'm not mistaken, you need to have proof of current insurance for a vehicle to purchase it in Ontario.
3. I spoke to them on the weekend and they said they hope in the next few weeks but they're not sure. I'm sure someone will post on here when test drives start.

So I got an email today from my advisor letting me know that my car would be available the week of July 20, with VIN of 277xx. I set a delivery appointment for July 25.

Interestingly, my delivery appointment shows up on my order page, but my VIN is not in the source code and there is no MVPA showing. Maybe that will pop up later.
I forget if you mentioned, but where are you taking delivery?