Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I checked my page recently and I now have a delivery appointment but no VIN. No one has contacted me yet either. Not sure what to make of that. I'm waiting on a White LR AWD, with White/Black interior ordering back in April.
I have same config, I have a delivery appt in Oakville a week tomorrow. I had to call and ask for my VIN so I could complete my hitch order (it was too late to add it at factory), and so I could get insurance settled.

You're set for 27th delivery with VIN, mine is on 24th w/o VIN yet.
My Advisor was nice enough to email me my VIN when I asked. But he did say that it could change last minute; I would say highly unlikely though, seeing as there are limited deliveries in Canada. Especially with my configuration. He did mention it would arrive on the 23rd but scheduled me for a 27th delivery. I'm in no rush for it.

My Advisor was nice enough to email me my VIN when I asked. But he did say that it could change last minute; I would say highly unlikely though, seeing as there are limited deliveries in Canada. Especially with my configuration. He did mention it would arrive on the 23rd but scheduled me for a 27th delivery. I'm in no rush for it.
After watching a bunch of other folks get deliveries or deliveries scheduled, it feels so good having your own schedules doesn’t it? Time for a wave of white interiors.

Ugh...tell me about it...Luckily the price of the MY with down...pay for my 1st year of insurance :confused:
So I got quote from TD, $2700 without VIN, it maybe less with the actual VIN. The reason the rate is so high due to brand new model and no data for safety and repair cost so for us as early adopters have to endure 2 years of high rate and hopefully not too many claims so we all can enjoy the lower rate.

So I got quote from TD, $2700 without VIN, it maybe less with the actual VIN. The reason the rate is so high due to brand new model and no data for safety and repair cost so for us as early adopters have to endure 2 years of high rate and hopefully not too many claims so we all can enjoy the lower rate.

Did you get it from TD MM? If so, the lowest I saw from this thread is $1300/year. I have been with TD MM for 7 years, and they offered me $3000+/year, which is.....I am going to switch to RBC as they offered $3000+/year for 2 cars & 2 drivers if TD MM cannot match the price.

I was quoted $1,600 with a $500 deductible from Economical Insurance. We have our home insurance with them as well. Seemed like it was in a ballpark.

Thanks everyone for their replies! Glad I'm not the only one that is being snowballed by these insurance prices! My best is with North City with Group Discount bundled with home insurance at $1930 (does not include the home insurance). 2 million liability and $500 deductible with 1st accident waived. Bleh!

Whoa, just logged into the site today to finally find a VIN! 26xxx, ordered March 2020, standard poverty edition with no upgrades (LR AWD, White w/ black interior, etc). No word on delivery date yet...

that’s odd. I’m 27xxx, but no vin was added (my SA supplied it via email). Ordered the poverty edition like you (except upgraded the rims to 20”). Must’ve just lucked out!

Just trying to be a man of the people haha

Sidebar: have you put any thought into the centre console? I’m on the fence with the RPM ppf and Abstract Oceans stuff.
I have abstract oceans brushed black metallic console wrap on my 3. Ordered the same one for the Y, although I wanted to go with satin white but I “let” the wife win this round. The thicker the wrap the easier it is to apply. So the brushed metallic and matrix wraps will be easier than the matte or satin ones.