Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am now 1 week until my scheduled delivery and I still don’t have a VIN. Does that not seem strange? I can’t get a firm insurance quote until I have the VIN.
Call the delivery center, press 4 for deliveries, 1 for get eta. Ask them to email you your vin so you can sort out insurance. I don't think its possible for you to not have a vin assigned in their system and be scheduled for delivery. They can see it if you cant.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had asked my SA via email but it was indicated that it doesn’t get assigned until it lands. But I just called and the person who picked up looked up my order and in like 5 seconds said yes I see you VIN I will email to you right now.
Yeah when it comes to getting things done, calling>email with tesla. The folks are busy and nothing ensures someone works on your problem like speaking to them. What day is your delivery? Are you getting delivery at Oakville?

Delivery date is next Thursday at 10am in Oakville. I ordered the MSM AWD. Unfortunately I won’t have the home charger installed until end of August because we need panel and service upgrade form 100 to 200amps. On the plus side I have pretty much all the accessories purchased and waiting for the car to show up. Screen protector, centre console wrap, all season floor mats, sun shade and I am just waiting on the USB hub which should ship by end of July.

• Funny
Reactions: OakvilleMYP
Delivery date is next Thursday at 10am in Oakville. I ordered the MSM AWD. Unfortunately I won’t have the home charger installed until end of August because we need panel and service upgrade form 100 to 200amps. On the plus side I have pretty much all the accessories purchased and waiting for the car to show up. Screen protector, centre console wrap, all season floor mats, sun shade and I am just waiting on the USB hub which should ship by end of July.
Don't forget a blank good sized USB to have your dashcam recording on the way home. Doesnt need to be your permanent set up, but it'll work until you get a hub set up. I have a hub in my 3 and I dont see the need for the Y since the wireless charger only uses the one usb port.

I have ~$1700/yr with the Personal, which is around ~$200/yr cheaper than with my current trade-in car (Mazda CX-3). When I expressed surprise at that, the agent told me it was probably lower because of a lack of data for the car and because few people drive Teslas in general. Whatever, I’ll take it!

I live in the North York area (around the 401 and Yonge) for reference.
I am now 1 week until my scheduled delivery and I still don’t have a VIN. Does that not seem strange? I can’t get a firm insurance quote until I have the VIN.
Same here, delivery date set for 24th still no VIN.

Pickup right after you, VIN 29xxx, another myp storm trooper.
Dontblinkdoc was proved right on the ViN’s being made out of sequence, I saw the manufacture date on 11xxx that was later then some higher number VIN’s. Unlikely reject. It’s funny I had my car for less then 3 weeks, and already did 2 software updates on it.

anyone know when we get the increased range for the 21” uberturbines?

Is that the “touch version”? I’m looking on amazon for an ssd for it, too.

Nope, i got the one on amazon without touch. At first i though its not available for 2 months, thats black, so i just got 2 blue ones. it will be hidden in the jeda hub so colour is not important. I’m pretty sure it was 155, and it got delivered next day. Installed 5min after delivery.

Reactions: Doctormike87
3 week update of owning myp.
- Hard for anyone to match instant acceleration on hw.
- 451km isn’t the real range, its 270km (80% full - 20% empty, 360km full - 90km empty = 270km. Did a trip to niagara falls and burned thru 270km that day only, not an issue at all for real world driving
- car loves to be plugged in, any time it needs power it draws from wall not battery
- i was initially surprised parking it at work with 350km or range left, and getting in car to go home at 340km... but like a phone that sits, charge drops during the day.
- ordered snap plate june 22, finally crossed broder today
- ordered 2nd snap plate july 2, arrived a few hours ago
- really need that front plate, today I slowed down approaching my driveway, cop does a u turn behind me... i guess when i slowed down he saw my missing front plate and though I was dodging him. When he saw i was reversing in, he drove off. 1hr later my canada post package arrived!
- love the plugging in at home and no gas station. Its a germophobe approved car!

Last edited: