Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 week update of owning myp.
- Hard for anyone to match instant acceleration on hw.
- 451km isn’t the real range, its 270km (80% full - 20% empty, 360km full - 90km empty = 270km. Did a trip to niagara falls and burned thru 270km that day only, not an issue at all for real world driving
- car loves to be plugged in, any time it needs power it draws from wall not battery
- i was initially surprised parking it at work with 350km or range left, and getting in car to go home at 340km... but like a phone that sits, charge drops during the day.
- ordered snap plate june 22, finally crossed broder today
- ordered 2nd snap plate july 2, arrived a few hours ago
- really need that front plate, today I slowed down approaching my driveway, cop does a u turn behind me... i guess when i slowed down he saw my missing front plate and though I was dodging him. When he saw i was reversing in, he drove off. 1hr later my canada post package arrived!
I’ve had mine parked at a friends condo for over 30 hours now and have only lost 5km. Any reason yours is slightly more while sitting there? Cabin overheat protection? Apps on your phone or watch? Not that it matters I’m just curious about the difference.

I’ve had mine parked at a friends condo for over 30 hours now and have only lost 5km. Any reason yours is slightly more while sitting there? Cabin overheat protection? Apps on your phone or watch? Not that it matters I’m just curious about the difference.
When you say friends condo, is that underground? If so the temp is like 20ish... mine was parked in direct sunlight all day, add sentry mode and cabin heat protection and the loss is easy to justify. It was just a comment, I don’t care to turn those things off to save 5-10km, vehicle is plugged in every day.

When you say friends condo, is that underground? If so the temp is like 20ish... mine was parked in direct sunlight all day, add sentry mode and cabin heat protection and the loss is easy to justify. It was just a comment, I don’t care to turn those things off to save 5-10km, vehicle is plugged in every day.
It’s outdoor but I’m in the mountains where it’s not that hot really. And I don’t have sentry mode on either. So that makes sense. Was just wondering how these things work I’m new to Tesla. Don’t want to be too surprised in different situations.

It’s outdoor but I’m in the mountains where it’s not that hot really. And I don’t have sentry mode on either. So that makes sense. Was just wondering how these things work I’m new to Tesla. Don’t want to be too surprised in different situations.
I am also new. But it almost seems like the car is more efficient in the city. I adjusted to 1 pedal driving almost immediately to the point where I have trouble driving my other vehicles. I let go of the accl and expect it to slow down for me, but for ICE that would be counter productive. Going for a ride, it felt like 15km in range drop was the actual driving distance. I drove one night a route of 15km, and thats the exact decrease. Cant help but feel that thats same 45-60min drive in another car would have wasted lots of idling fuel.

I am also new. But it almost seems like the car is more efficient in the city. I adjusted to 1 pedal driving almost immediately to the point where I have trouble driving my other vehicles. I let go of the accl and expect it to slow down for me, but for ICE that would be counter productive. Going for a ride, it felt like 15km in range drop was the actual driving distance. I drove one night a route of 15km, and thats the exact decrease. Cant help but feel that thats same 45-60min drive in another car would have wasted lots of idling fuel.
Yep. It’s awesome. Where I live the speed limits are between 50-80, occasionally 90 km/hr so I’ve actually been getting better than advertised range. So sweet!

Picked up my MY at Oakville this morning. Overall, had a great experience with the team there. I found a few issues with the trim lining up around the rear wheels, the sealing / gasket around the roof glass being folded underneath in a few spots, and the rear tail lights not being flush with the body. The only thing they couldn’t address on the spot were the tail lights, which I will book a service appointment for once they have a solution. Panel gaps and paint quality met my expectations all around.

Now another waiting game... it’s Now with the guys at Inception Detailing for PPF & ceramic coating.

Picked up my MY at Oakville this morning. Overall, had a great experience with the team there. I found a few issues with the trim lining up around the rear wheels, the sealing / gasket around the roof glass being folded underneath in a few spots, and the rear tail lights not being flush with the body. The only thing they couldn’t address on the spot were the tail lights, which I will book a service appointment for once they have a solution. Panel gaps and paint quality met my expectations all around.

Now another waiting game... it’s Now with the guys at Inception Detailing for PPF & ceramic coating.
Picking up mine there on Tuesday. Glad to see the build quality is improving. I'll definitely need to check the tail lights.

For those who have already picked up their cars. What method of payment did you use to pay the balance owning? I sent my SA an email asking what they accept but I haven’t heard back from here but lately I have seen long lines at the bank so if I need to go get a certified chq or something I want to know ahead so I can pick a day/time that they might be slower.

They wouldn’t let me. They told me it’s stored in a separate lot that has no public access until your delivery date then moved to delivery centre. So they wouldn’t let me see before delivery time. My sales person did do me a favour and snap photos of the car and inspect it for me beforehand.

Reactions: B5chung888

I'm picking up mine tomorrow then off to AVOTTO for same work. Are you ppfing whole car or partial? Console wrap ?

Didn't see you on google sheet so got to ask if you have a Tow Hitch?

On Google Sheet sampling from Canadian orders looks like no tow hitch gets your MY sooner than later.
No factory tow hitch, I was going to add it but my VIN was already assigned and it would've slowed it up more. I have one on order to the service center.

Edit: I am on the sheet since my order at the beginning of the year.

Last edited:
@dontblinkdoc Darn! Shouldn't take much longer and yes the waiting game sucks. It's an amazing car and I'm seriously thinking about the Tow Hitch now.

Here's a new shot of mine with PPF, Ceramic and Replika 241 wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 153
Have they given you a new delivery date? I am supposed to pick up on Thursday. I wonder if I will be delayed as well.
My truck was supposed to arrive today. Its now slated to arrive Friday giving me a Saturday delivery appt. I don't know how often trucks of Model Y come to the GTA and if they are shared between the different stores. It might be the case that yours is on the same truck, or maybe the next one that wasn't delayed. Too many variables to know without calling.