Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled to pick up this Saturday at the Toronto (Lawrence) dealership. My advisor told me today that my car was also still in Chicago and now scheduled to arrive on Friday (original estimate was July 20-23). He said he would let me know for sure on Thursday whether delivery on Saturday would happen.

My truck was supposed to arrive today. Its now slated to arrive Friday giving me a Saturday delivery appt. I don't know how often trucks of Model Y come to the GTA and if they are shared between the different stores. It might be the case that yours is on the same truck, or maybe the next one that wasn't delayed. Too many variables to know without calling.
I haven’t heard anything from them. Did they call or email you the change in appointment? I still see on my profile the Thursday delivery appointment. It would be nice if they are going to move it that they let us know... I took the day off work but if I am not going to be able to get it I can start rebooking my day.

I haven’t heard anything from them. Did they call or email you the change in appointment? I still see on my profile the Thursday delivery appointment. It would be nice if they are going to move it that they let us know... I took the day off work but if I am not going to be able to get it I can start rebooking my day.
I called in and kept in touch with my DA to make sure it would make it. I dont know when they would have let me know if I wasnt bugging them all weekend.

I also reached out by email today to my advisor to ask about final payment options and verify that we were still on track for delivery on Saturday. I doubt I would have heard about the delay otherwise. You should probably reach out to Tesla to make sure your Thursday is not unnecessarily wasted.

I also reached out by email today to my advisor to ask about final payment options and verify that we were still on track for delivery on Saturday. I doubt I would have heard about the delay otherwise. You should probably reach out to Tesla to make sure your Thursday is not unnecessarily wasted.
I have emailed my DA but I never seem to get a response. Maybe I will just call in. I don’t like to bug them but at the same time I don’t want to waste my day.

Just got off the phone with someone at Tesla, not my DA because the phones are down at Oakville. He could not tell me if my delivery was delayed or not, he said they would know Wednesday if its going to be delayed. But he said none of my paperwork has been prepared which isn’t a good sign.

Just got off the phone with someone at Tesla, not my DA because the phones are down at Oakville. He could not tell me if my delivery was delayed or not, he said they would know Wednesday if its going to be delayed. But he said none of my paperwork has been prepared which isn’t a good sign.
The paper work thing doesn't sound abnormal. I was supposed to have delivery tomorrow and they were still saying working on my paperwork as of yesterday.

Boooooo --- supposed to take delivery today. Issue with one seatbelt - can not release the car until it is replaced - no idea how long to get shipped to Oakville from California.

Wasn't even allowed to to meet my car - saw the top of the roof - way at back of shop. Pretty sure it knew that I was there.

Got our Model Y today!

F8798905-76D5-4C19-B8C6-506B072CFC58.jpeg

Delivery at Oakville went smoothly. They unlocked the car, we got in and went through the intro and questions by phone, then we hung up and took 25 minutes to thoroughly check over the car. The delivery guy came out to take note of the issues we found, we gave him the bank draft and we were off.

There were a few small (<1mm) “holes” in the blue paint. They have clearcoat so it’s not a big deal but hopefully they can touch them up. The left rear door is a mm or two low and the left rear taillight isn’t quite flush. They asked me to book a service appointment to get those things fixed.

The car is great to drive - much faster than our Model S, heavier regen, higher ride, and autopilot is very cool.

Got our Model Y today!

View attachment 566860

Delivery at Oakville went smoothly. They unlocked the car, we got in and went through the intro and questions by phone, then we hung up and took 25 minutes to thoroughly check over the car. The delivery guy came out to take note of the issues we found, we gave him the bank draft and we were off.

There were a few small (<1mm) “holes” in the blue paint. They have clearcoat so it’s not a big deal but hopefully they can touch them up. The left rear door is a mm or two low and the left rear taillight isn’t quite flush. They asked me to book a service appointment to get those things fixed.

The car is great to drive - much faster than our Model S, heavier regen, higher ride, and autopilot is very cool.

Looks amazing, congrats! And great to hear that you only had minor issues...sounds like quality control has gotten way better! What as your VIN group?

Reactions: Peter_M
Got our Model Y today!

View attachment 566860

Awesome and congrats. I noticed no front plate ... you need me to print you one;). LOL.

Reactions: Peter_M
I am scheduled to pick up this Saturday at the Toronto (Lawrence) dealership. My advisor told me today that my car was also still in Chicago and now scheduled to arrive on Friday (original estimate was July 20-23). He said he would let me know for sure on Thursday whether delivery on Saturday would happen.
Mine supposed to be on Friday morning in Toronto, doesn't look like it now. I called and emailed the rep no reply at all about the registration and new pricing. I have the VIN too. What a service!

I don't know if Tesla is going to do it or not, this is my first new car so I don't know what the process is and I'm also getting a custome number plate.
Ah, well Tesla will probably register and plate the car for you as per the normal process. If you're getting a vanity plate, you'll then need to go in to the DOT once it arrives and hand in your original plate and I assume register the vanity plate to the Y.

I'm not certain on the vanity plate process since I've never had one. But unless you tell TESLA different, it should come to you plated and ready to drive.