Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply!

From what I can tell, ACH is a form of direct electronic payment that works like an e-cheque, but is perhaps only available to folks in the US.

I am picking up Toronto anyways, so I will probably just go with the bank draft, but I was kind of hoping for something more convenient that wouldn’t require me to go to the bank. I would do wire transfer, but my account is still in “drafting up your contract” status despite the fact that I am supposed to take delivery on Saturday. Ah well!
My page said “drafting your contract” right up to delivery day but the MVPA was there with the wire transfer instructions on the last page.

My page said “drafting your contract” right up to delivery day but the MVPA was there with the wire transfer instructions on the last page.

Yeah, I don’t have an MVPA on my account, just an order agreement that doesn’t even have the correct amounts since the price change. My SA sent me a “pro-forma” MVPA by email so I would know my final amount owing, but there were no instructions for wire transfer and he gave me written instructions for a bank draft. Maybe because I am picking up in Toronto?

As an aside, we live in a condo that overlooks the 401 and we saw a big trailer loaded with Ys drive by about an hour ago headed east on the highway - three whites, two blues, and a red. I guess they could be headed anywhere east of us - Ottawa, Quebec, Atlantic Canada... who knows!!

Reactions: bashX
As an aside, we live in a condo that overlooks the 401 and we saw a big trailer loaded with Ys drive by about an hour ago headed east on the highway - three whites, two blues, and a red. I guess they could be headed anywhere east of us - Ottawa, Quebec, Atlantic Canada... who knows!!

Haha, now this is what I call an update! I bet if you setup a livestream of your view, you'd have a bunch of Eastern Canadian Tesla hopefuls logging into that thing on a regular basis!! :)

• Funny
Reactions: EggyB
It will be Costco.ca when they come into stock. No need for membership when ordering these mats and Costco.ca often have sales like right now $40 off but they only have the Model 3 mats for now. I love my Maxpider floor mats in my Model 3. Intend on getting the same this winter for my ordered MY. Luckily the MY comes with summer mats when the SR+ didn't.
Do you know when Costco start carry them after M3 was released? Hoping to get them before winter starts.

Has anyone had issue getting PPF done? I had reached out to the guy that did PPF on my last Honda. At first he said he would be able to do it but when I emailed him to update when I was getting my car he said he was passing now because of a warning on his system that Tesla paint can be damaged or removed during the process of applying the PPF. He mentioned that it appears this is limited to the model y.

I have my PPF booked for late next week (assuming my car comes in on time). Installer confirmed that he has heard about some issues with the Model Y (see video below at 3:45 mark), but also said that he believes the issues have been resolved. He said there's no concern installing the PPF but, just in case something does arise, he'll try a few test strips under the bumper and take photos/vids if anything comes up so that owners are equipped to fight Tesla for a warranty repair.

My suggestion is to make your installer aware of this video and confirm that they will take appropriate photos/vids to back you up if the worst case happens. But I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Haha, now this is what I call an update! I bet if you setup a livestream of your view, you'd have a bunch of Eastern Canadian Tesla hopefuls logging into that thing on a regular basis!! :)

Lol, great idea!! But I wonder if there would be a way to create some kind of visual recognition algorithm for trailers hauling Tesla’s because otherwise that would be some tedious work to look through all the footage, haha.

So what's the deal to get your Model Y in Canada now? It's been over 30 days since my trade-in, finance, and insurance got approved. Since then there's been complete radio silence from Tesla. Do you really have to keep harassing delivery advisors to get your car?

You probably saw my white on white. Picking up Saturday
They have most of them at another lot or inside, but its not impossible. I think 2 vins I looked at were 25xxx. Our pickup today was 29xxx. Build wuality about the same as 15xxx we got 4 weeks ago. I turned them into the servoce bay 3x this time to do minor adjustments but overall, like before, its negligable stuff. A man& woman were picking up a red awd at the same time, he put the SA thru the ringer on a bunch of stuff.

They have most of them at another lot or inside, but its not impossible. I think 2 vins I looked at were 25xxx. Our pickup today was 29xxx. Build wuality about the same as 15xxx we got 4 weeks ago. I turned them into the servoce bay 3x this time to do minor adjustments but overall, like before, its negligable stuff. A man& woman were picking up a red awd at the same time, he put the SA thru the ringer on a bunch of stuff.

When did you get delivery notification? My SA told me my MY could be picked up on Friday/Saturday, but still nothing confirmed yet. VIN#29xxx as well.

When did you get delivery notification? My SA told me my MY could be picked up on Friday/Saturday, but still nothing confirmed yet. VIN#29xxx as well.
It was a week before pickup, July 15. Pickup date was scheduled prior to VIN being availble. I didn’t bother talking to SA on either vehicle, I think they dont know any more then we do with the corp setup the website seems to decode everything.

It was a week before pickup, July 15. Pickup date was scheduled prior to VIN being availble. I didn’t bother talking to SA on either vehicle, I think they dont know any more then we do with the corp setup the website seems to decode everything.

My case was completely delayed by my SA. She does not want to help any requests, plus everything was delayed. She told me my car will be ready today or tomorrow last week when I asked her to do the price adjustment, which she did not like to do either. She said it is just $300 differences. No updates after that.

Just called Tesla Lawrence, and Chris from there told me my car is already there, but cannot be picked up until next week because tomorrow has been fully booked. Asked him about finance rate (My SA did not have any patience to help either, and push me to get loan myself if I can get lower rate than 2.8% they currently offered). Chris told me 4 to 6 years rate should be 2.35% now.

At the end, he said my SA will set up delivery and finance rate for me. Well, hope for the best, the car as well.

My case was completely delayed by my SA. She does not want to help any requests, plus everything was delayed. She told me my car will be ready today or tomorrow last week when I asked her to do the price adjustment, which she did not like to do either. She said it is just $300 differences. No updates after that.

Just called Tesla Lawrence, and Chris from there told me my car is already there, but cannot be picked up until next week because tomorrow has been fully booked. Asked him about finance rate (My SA did not have any patience to help either, and push me to get loan myself if I can get lower rate than 2.8% they currently offered). Chris told me 4 to 6 years rate should be 2.35% now.

At the end, he said my SA will set up delivery and finance rate for me. Well, hope for the best, the car as well.

That’s really frustrating that there has been such poor communication from your SA.

My husband and I went over to Tesla Lawrence last night after my SA told me my car arrived earlier than expected. We did a preliminary inspection so we would have a sense of any major issues before picking up tomorrow. We were very pleased overall. The car still needed to be cleaned and detailed but the (white) paint looked even and the panel gaps were very minor. The taillights were protruding slightly which I guess is still expected at this point, and one corner of black trim along the bottom edge was sticking out slightly on one side, but otherwise we couldn’t find any real flaws.

There were many other Ys on the lot that all looked to be in good condition with no obvious flaws (although we didn’t do a close inspection of any others). So, you could probably stop by to take a look at your car if you are not too far away, even if you can’t pick up until next week.

Reactions: MacZ