Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s really frustrating that there has been such poor communication from your SA.

My husband and I went over to Tesla Lawrence last night after my SA told me my car arrived earlier than expected. We did a preliminary inspection so we would have a sense of any major issues before picking up tomorrow. We were very pleased overall. The car still needed to be cleaned and detailed but the (white) paint looked even and the panel gaps were very minor. The taillights were protruding slightly which I guess is still expected at this point, and one corner of black trim along the bottom edge was sticking out slightly on one side, but otherwise we couldn’t find any real flaws.

There were many other Ys on the lot that all looked to be in good condition with no obvious flaws (although we didn’t do a close inspection of any others). So, you could probably stop by to take a look at your car if you are not too far away, even if you can’t pick up until next week.

Sure, I will go and have a look tomorrow. thanks for your advice.

That’s really frustrating that there has been such poor communication from your SA.

My husband and I went over to Tesla Lawrence last night after my SA told me my car arrived earlier than expected. We did a preliminary inspection so we would have a sense of any major issues before picking up tomorrow. We were very pleased overall. The car still needed to be cleaned and detailed but the (white) paint looked even and the panel gaps were very minor. The taillights were protruding slightly which I guess is still expected at this point, and one corner of black trim along the bottom edge was sticking out slightly on one side, but otherwise we couldn’t find any real flaws.

There were many other Ys on the lot that all looked to be in good condition with no obvious flaws (although we didn’t do a close inspection of any others). So, you could probably stop by to take a look at your car if you are not too far away, even if you can’t pick up until next week.
Picked up mine today a couple of issues, frunk and wheel well trim, overall much better than I thought. Enjoy your car!

Attachments

• 20200724_102729.jpg
    20200724_102729.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 82
I went to Tesla Lawrence Center tonight, and was told my car is at another lot, but finally confirmed to pick it up on Tuesday morning, and the finance rate locked at 2.35% as every one should get it now.

Again, tired to work with the SA. The gentleman at the front desk was more helpful.

My case was completely delayed by my SA. She does not want to help any requests, plus everything was delayed. She told me my car will be ready today or tomorrow last week when I asked her to do the price adjustment, which she did not like to do either. She said it is just $300 differences. No updates after that.

Just called Tesla Lawrence, and Chris from there told me my car is already there, but cannot be picked up until next week because tomorrow has been fully booked. Asked him about finance rate (My SA did not have any patience to help either, and push me to get loan myself if I can get lower rate than 2.8% they currently offered). Chris told me 4 to 6 years rate should be 2.35% now.

At the end, he said my SA will set up delivery and finance rate for me. Well, hope for the best, the car as well.
They were trying to kick us out the whole time during our pickup saying they were really busy. I didn’t care...
That seems a bit unresonable, deal with anyone there, the SA was there but wasnt doing our delivery. We had no issue with price adjustment morning of, I imagine they would do rate at same time.

I went to Tesla Lawrence Center tonight, and was told my car is at another lot, but finally confirmed to pick it up on Tuesday morning, and the finance rate locked at 2.35% as every one should get it now.

Again, tired to work with the SA. The gentleman at the front desk was more helpful.
Should have read the update :)
Yes, just deal with anyone, its corporate, they are busy, there is a pandemic, everyone is on edge.

Reactions: MacZ
Very quick if no issues, mine I had to take a second since they screwed up with the registration. The car drives so much better than M3, visibility, ride comfort and space. Soon, we should have MY union some where in T.O.

Thanks! I can’t wait to drive it in 4-5 hours! Husband is almost as excited as I am.

An MY union would be awesome! We could do a big convoy on the highway, like the motorcyclists but way stealthier! Lone people in ICEs will suddenly look around and realize they are surrounded by a big pack of Teslas and that no one else is touching their steering wheel. It will be like a sci fi movie when the robots become sentient.

Reactions: B5chung888
ordered 2 days ago.
yesterday, completed all info.
Today, I got a VIN and an hour later got a msg. for delivery.
VIN early 29xxx
Delivery Aug 5
basic config., white/black.Gemini / no FSD
Oakville
Pay in cash

Questions:
1. how do I get in touch with my SA?
2. How do I know if it is a rejected vehicle or a returned one?

Picked up my 27,7xx VIN on Saturday. I definitely saw another one of you picking up at the same time another white Y, we both had the one checklist from TMC. I had a few scratches and paint defects that will need to be fixed later. A few of the doors and front will need realignment but no deal breakers. Car is noticably higher to drive than my model 3. Wife loves that we fit all our groceries in the frunk. Dogs are comfy in the trunk now. Have an Appt for Aug 12 to fix issues and install tow pack and homelink.

ordered 2 days ago.
yesterday, completed all info.
Today, I got a VIN and an hour later got a msg. for delivery.
VIN early 29xxx
Delivery Aug 5
basic config., white/black.Gemini / no FSD
Oakville
Pay in cash

Questions:
1. how do I get in touch with my SA?
2. How do I know if it is a rejected vehicle or a returned one?

Congrats! It's a little frustrating though. I ordered in December and still haven't heard anything. Completed all my info over a month ago.

Picked up my 27,7xx VIN on Saturday. I definitely saw another one of you picking up at the same time another white Y, we both had the one checklist from TMC. I had a few scratches and paint defects that will need to be fixed later. A few of the doors and front will need realignment but no deal breakers. Car is noticably higher to drive than my model 3. Wife loves that we fit all our groceries in the frunk. Dogs are comfy in the trunk now. Have an Appt for Aug 12 to fix issues and install tow pack and homelink.

I was there with my husband on Saturday picking up a white Y from around 11:45-1 pm. We noticed someone with a checklist picking up another white Y a few cars down, so maybe it was us you saw if you were there around that time.

We were also really happy with everything overall. The only minor issues were the taillights not quite seated properly, a slight misalignment of the doors on one side, and one body panel not quite flush around one of the headlights. I am bringing it in on Wednesday for fixes. We absolutely love the car though and would still be happy even if they didn’t fix anything.

The past two mornings I have felt like Peewee Herman with his bike in Peewee’s Big Adventure - “Good morning! I’m heeere!”

I was there with my husband on Saturday picking up a white Y from around 11:45-1 pm. We noticed someone with a checklist picking up another white Y a few cars down, so maybe it was us you saw if you were there around that time.

We were also really happy with everything overall. The only minor issues were the taillights not quite seated properly, a slight misalignment of the doors on one side, and one body panel not quite flush around one of the headlights. I am bringing it in on Wednesday for fixes. We absolutely love the car though and would still be happy even if they didn’t fix anything.

The past two mornings I have felt like Peewee Herman with his bike in Peewee’s Big Adventure - “Good morning! I’m heeere!”

Yeah that was us. I was going to comment on your good taste in checklists.