Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning to do PPF/Ceramic Coating? Anywhere you or really anyone else here in Toronto would recommend?

Cheers!

I didn’t do it with my Black M3 and that car has driven almost 40k with only small scratches/chips which were easily touched up. I park in a garage so not much need for it for weather/sun protection.

If you end up getting it done though, please let me know it costs and how it looks. That might change my mind.

I didn’t do it with my Black M3 and that car has driven almost 40k with only small scratches/chips which were easily touched up. I park in a garage so not much need for it for weather/sun protection.

If you end up getting it done though, please let me know it costs and how it looks. That might change my mind.

I tinted the windows and head lamps, plus PPF on hood, front bumper, fenders, mirrors myself. Learned everything from YouTube this summer.

Already received Ceramic Coating. I will get it done after completing PPF on door and rear ends.

Attachments

• 20200818_115636.jpg
    20200818_115636.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200814_161447.jpg
    20200814_161447.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 61

Whoa! You're like the few people I've spoken to that didn't do any kind of protection! I have a friend that has a M3 that regrets not doing it...but he drives a lot of highway. I don't plan on doing really more than 10K a year...I don't drive a lot. But I don't have access to a hose in my condo...so might consider at least ceramic to make it easier to hand wash.

Less than one week! :) All the accessories I've bought are starting to collect dust on the dinning room table. At least I saved some money waiting for sales to go on! :D

Planning to do PPF/Ceramic Coating? Anywhere you or really anyone else here in Toronto would recommend?

Cheers!

Avotto.ca - speak to Kris - just had mine done - perfect work - they were highly recommended to me even though I live in Mississauga - it was worth the drive - cost wise and workmanship. $2400 - hood / front fenders / mirrors / lights / lower door panels with XPEL PPF and comeplete car 5 yr ceramic coating.
Got front Windows tinted too ( additional cost ) - now I wish I did windshield- sun really bakes me when I drive toward sun.

Avotto.ca - speak to Kris - just had mine done - perfect work - they were highly recommended to me even though I live in Mississauga - it was worth the drive - cost wise and workmanship. $2400 - hood / front fenders / mirrors / lights / lower door panels with XPEL PPF and comeplete car 5 yr ceramic coating.
Got front Windows tinted too ( additional cost ) - now I wish I did windshield- sun really bakes me when I drive toward sun.
you left out front bumper?

Oh god! Pickering! At least it's near a GO station I suppose. Only a 20 min walk =P. Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out! Prices seem pretty reasonable when everybody charges an arm and a leg to get it all done. How long did they have your car in the shop for?

P.S. You willing to share how much it cost to tint the windows? I'm thinking of doing the two upfront as well!

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mansley
Ordered my MY on Saturday (LR AWD DBM/BLK FSD Tow) for delivery in Oakville, ON - website said 3-5 wks and I'm pretty excited. I expect over the next few weeks it will be harder to get into my X3 :). We also have a Kia Soul EV but it only has 200km range so isn't good for trips at all. Any comments / feedback about the Oakville process would be appreciated

Ordered my MY on Saturday (LR AWD DBM/BLK FSD Tow) for delivery in Oakville, ON - website said 3-5 wks and I'm pretty excited. I expect over the next few weeks it will be harder to get into my X3 :). We also have a Kia Soul EV but it only has 200km range so isn't good for trips at all. Any comments / feedback about the Oakville process would be appreciated
Good news and bad news: Good news is that you ordered in the second half of Q3 and in a couple weeks the Q3 push is coming. Bad news is a tow hitch puts you behind anyone who orders the same config without tow hitch. From the google sheets if you filter for tow hitch you can see that Tesla is just starting to send out most of early July orders with Tow hitch now. I'm into week 7 myself with my tow hitch White/black int./18"/AP no FSD

good luck!

Good news and bad news: Good news is that you ordered in the second half of Q3 and in a couple weeks the Q3 push is coming. Bad news is a tow hitch puts you behind anyone who orders the same config without tow hitch. From the google sheets if you filter for tow hitch you can see that Tesla is just starting to send out most of early July orders with Tow hitch now. I'm into week 7 myself with my tow hitch White/black int./18"/AP no FSD

good luck!

Good luck to you too - if it takes a little longer and gets me a new factory build then that hopefully will be a better quality. I really don't want a rejected/redirected vehicle.

I have a pearl white MY and already picked up a few paint chips on the front bumper and hood after only two weeks of commuting to work (mostly on highway).

I just dropped it off today at a place in Vaughan for front end and rear door PPF, ceramic, and front window tinting. They aren’t sure whether they will be able to fully restore the chipped areas back to perfection, although I’m sure they can improve them a bit. So, I would think that at least partial PPF for white MYs would be worth it if you do a lot of highway driving (unless you are super chill about cosmetic issues).

As an aside, I have a small cautionary tale about ordering from the Tesla store, unless it’s something you are able to wait weeks/months for:

I realized I had the rock chips about two weeks ago and talked to the PPF place. They told me to order the paint repair kit from Tesla and they would use it to repair the chips when I brought it in. I ordered the repair kit on August 12 at the online store after it said shipping would be via FedEx, assuming it would arrive in time. Aside from a confirmation email, I received zero updates from them regarding shipping timelines and did not hear anything back after leaving messages for my local SC (Tesla Lawrence). I finally gave up and decided to cancel my order as it had not even shipped by the end of last week. I reached someone by phone, finally, and was told they had no control over online orders and I had to email a cancellation request to the online ordering department, which I did. They got back to me within about eight hours, but told me that my order had already been processed and could not be cancelled, and that I would receive tracking information shortly. I have responded asking them to send a return shipping label along with the order as I am going to immediately mail it back to them for a refund. Haven’t heard anything back yet about that one!

BTW, they immediately charged my CC at the time of placing the order nearly two weeks ago, and the item still hasn’t even shipped. There was absolutely no warning about such a long shipping delay at the time of placing my order online. Not too happy about this whole experience (although I still do love my MY and can’t wait to see it all shiny and ceramic’d up!)

Wondering if anyone has experience with floor, trunk, frunk mats for Model Y that are made in or can be ordered from Canada? Really like the look of the Tesmanian mats but was hoping to keep money in $ if possible. thanks

I went with the Basenor cargo, frunk, under trunk ones off Amazon.ca. They look pretty decent, well reviewed, and all three came to $190 (including tax, and shipping).

For interior floor mats, I'm going to go with maxpiders, or the Taptes clones when they're available in a month or two.

I'll try to remember to review them when they arrive. (Maybe remind me after Sep 1?)

I also got the frunk cooler (again well reviewed), which I think will be super handy for groceries, picnics, and roadtrips.

And I don't quite understand it, but these prices seem to be including tax. Amazon order page shows zero tax, and my credit card was charged these exact values, no tax or shipping. Don't quite understand how that's possible. I'm in BC.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.57.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 11.00.58 AM.png