Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 6/6 and had a scheduled delivery for September 5th in Toronto. Just contacted and my car is 'early' so now scheduled to pick up Thursday the 27th. VIN 368xx. LR AWD Blk/Blk 20" no FSD. Fingers crossed that there are no issues.
This is really weird. I have the same spec/colour, VIN 368xx and picking it up on Sep 2.
I am assuming the two cars were on the production line at the same time. do you know what day it was built?

Wondering if anyone has experience with floor, trunk, frunk mats for Model Y that are made in or can be ordered from Canada? Really like the look of the Tesmanian mats but was hoping to keep money in $ if possible. thanks

I ordered the Tesla Model Y All-Weather 3D MAXpider Floor Mats and Liners - 7 piece complete set from Teslarati.

Set me back $622 USD with taxes and shipping. I figured it's a drop in the bucket for premium mats. Didn't cheap out on my Model 3 mats either and glad I spent the extra cash. They're flexible, durable, easy to clean, and don't look like cheap crap from Canadian Tire.

This is really weird. I have the same spec/colour, VIN 368xx and picking it up on Sep 2.
I am assuming the two cars were on the production line at the same time. do you know what day it was built?

Do not know yet - I was literally just contacted a couple hours ago and asked if I could pick up the 27, 28 or 29th vs. my original Sept 5 date. That was the first time I received my VIN.

Yes, our cars must have been made pretty close together.

I ordered the Tesla Model Y All-Weather 3D MAXpider Floor Mats and Liners - 7 piece complete set from Teslarati.

Set me back $622 USD with taxes and shipping. I figured it's a drop in the bucket for premium mats. Didn't cheap out on my Model 3 mats either and glad I spent the extra cash. They're flexible, durable, easy to clean, and don't look like cheap crap from Canadian Tire.

I ordered from Tesloid.ca - I believe they are based in Toronto. They are supposed to ship next week so cannot speak to their quality but they were significantly cheaper than the US options. Hoping they are good.

Wondering if anyone has experience with floor, trunk, frunk mats for Model Y that are made in or can be ordered from Canada? Really like the look of the Tesmanian mats but was hoping to keep money in $ if possible. thanks
I personally really like the look of Tuxmat. They're unfortunately still in the production process. E-mailed them a couple of days ago, added me to their waitlist. Hopefully they will arrive before the winter hits. For now I'll try to kick off my shoes before getting in the car. They're based out of a factory in Scarborough. A full interior set currently sets you back about $250CAD?

Jeezus...I will saran wrap my telsa carpet mats before I spend $820CAD on plastic mats :eek: LOL

• Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Ugh...you guys all are lucky! According to the spreadsheet, I will have waited 532 days now for my Model Y. :rolleyes: 3 more days! Yea for more Canadian deliveries though! I will say I have yet to see any Model Ys in downtown Toronto. Will be cool driving around a vehicle that is few and far in between amidst the sea of other cars.

Keep us posted of the quality issues you find. Will be a good indicator for where to look in my car. Good luck.

I just downloaded an app for that. “Tesla Inspect”

Attachments

• 354A94A5-1A12-4AE5-A6EA-B5992100A617.png
    354A94A5-1A12-4AE5-A6EA-B5992100A617.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 97
  • D07B786E-844A-418E-8FA4-DB93A6D6328F.png
    D07B786E-844A-418E-8FA4-DB93A6D6328F.png
    598.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 05B9570A-792B-44CF-8A72-8479A842EE1F.png
    05B9570A-792B-44CF-8A72-8479A842EE1F.png
    217 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Ugh...you guys all are lucky! According to the spreadsheet, I will have waited 532 days now for my Model Y. :rolleyes: 3 more days! Yea for more Canadian deliveries though! I will say I have yet to see any Model Ys in downtown Toronto. Will be cool driving around a vehicle that is few and far in between amidst the sea of other cars.
I’ve seen 3 so far. 2 x white with black interior and 1 with blue w white interior.

Ordered my MY on Saturday (LR AWD DBM/BLK FSD Tow) for delivery in Oakville, ON - website said 3-5 wks and I'm pretty excited. I expect over the next few weeks it will be harder to get into my X3 :). We also have a Kia Soul EV but it only has 200km range so isn't good for trips at all. Any comments / feedback about the Oakville process would be appreciated

Had a great experience at Oakville for my delivery - super helpful rep who seemed just as eager to find issues as I did. You'll have the rep for 1 hour so make sure you come prepared with your delivery checklist and go through it - the hour will go quick. The rep should take pics to attach to your delivery service appointment (hopefully you don't need one and/or have major issues). Ensure everything is working and inspect the usual suspects like paint issues, panel misalignments, charger misalignment, squeaks, cracks, trim, etc.

You may find a lot of adhesive residue from the protective film used during the transport process - they had learned their lesson from the Model 3 mass delivery episodes from 2 years ago but this is the by-product. If you plan on wrapping or ceramic coating, you can ask them not to install the front plate (it sticks to the front bumper with automotive tape). Also, you you're transferring a plate, green or otherwise, make sure you ask them to adjust the license fee (is $200 but that's for new plates, comes down to ~$30 for plate transfer).

Lmk if you have any other q's!

Had a great experience at Oakville for my delivery

Thanks! That is good to hear about the 1hr. I will prioritize the items to check out on inspection. I am getting new plates and will be doing PPF / ceramic and will be installing the bandit plate holder so hopefully they can just give me the front plate without sticking it on (I hope to have the Bandit prior to pickup anyways)

Reactions: oakvillemike
Anyone in GTA is interested to buy Quick Bandit? I ordered mine on July 18th, and it just arrived yesterday. Now. I have done PPF, and I am ok with the original front plate holder.

Let me know if you are interested to avoid waiting on the shipping.

Asking for $180 (paid $190 on July 18th). Brand new, and the box is not opened.

Attachments

• 20200826_193758.jpg
    20200826_193758.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 52