Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same confusion until someone pointed out that the MVPA had appeared on my account page, and the VIN is in there. Forgive me if you already knew of this and don't have your MVPA in your documents list.

Thanks...I see the MPVA in my Documents List in my account, I can download it, but it does not have the VIN listed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 14.36.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 14.36.08.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 93
Interesting, for my VIN number today 47xxx. It was listed under my order number but before my expected delivery date of Sept 17.

anyone following the condenser news that came out a couple of days ago? This will be my first time purchasing a Tesla so curious if other more seasoned owners had thoughts.

the linked document says Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

Which makes it very confusing.

I have two documents in my list. The first, like yours, is an order agreement. And, like yours, when I open it, it says MVPA at the top. But it's not really the MVPA.

The second document, which arrived a couple of weeks after I ordered, was shown in the list as "Mvpa". That document contains the VIN, and the final price sheet. You don't yet have that second document, I think.

Attached is a screen shot of my documents list.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.46.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.46.53 PM.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 71
And by the way... I just saw in another thread that you may not be able to get a VIN until you've entered your payment terms (cash, or accepting the offered payment terms, etc.). Have you done that?

Thanks for all your help @WhyYesPlease, unless there is something hidden on the site, I have. I did that a day after it was offered. Looking around my account there appears to be nothing further to accept of click on. But I did get a message on Wednesday saying it will available for delivery in 2-3 weeks.
I think such a tech forward company really needs to fix their ordering process. I get more feedback when buying deodorant from Amazon :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: WhyYesPlease
Picked up my car in Ottawa last Friday. Overall the build quality was good. No major issues. It had a few minor alignment issues with the rear lights but nothing worth fixing in my view. It does the alignment problem with the rear seats though that seems to be common to all Model Y's. Has anyone succeeded in getting this fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 58
Picked up my car in Ottawa last Friday. Overall the build quality was good. No major issues. It had a few minor alignment issues with the rear lights but nothing worth fixing in my view. It does the alignment problem with the rear seats though that seems to be common to all Model Y's. Has anyone succeeded in getting this fixed?

Funny thing for me regarding the rear seat alignment. I have issue with the auto folding feature because they were too tight to fold. It cannot fold separately, but can fold all together by pulling both buttons.

Service center fixed it by making them not aligned, same as yours and the rest, who have misalignment issue.

SA told me it is the only way they can fix the folding issue. If that is true, I think the rear seats are a little over spec that causing the problem.

I have rear seat problems too, they won't fold down when using the buttons. They just get jammed on each other. I have to pull the button and lean in and push the seat to get it to fold down. Once one is down the other one works. And the larger one is really difiicult to put back up, takes a lot of force to do it.

Between that and the driver seat recline switch not working, I'll have to make a service appointment at some point to get things sorted.

Funny thing for me regarding the rear seat alignment. I have issue with the auto folding feature because they were too tight to fold. It cannot fold separately, but can fold all together by pulling both buttons.

Service center fixed it by making them not aligned, same as yours and the rest, who have misalignment issue.

SA told me it is the only way they can fix the folding issue. If that is true, I think the rear seats are a little over spec that causing the problem.
A Tesla tech came by yesterday to install my HomeLink transmitter so I took the opportunity to ask him about the rear seat alignment issue. He said basically the same thing. They have a fix/workaround for the alignment issue but it results in the seats no longer auto-folding correctly. Since the seat alignment issue is purely aesthetic I told him not to bother.