Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y forward motion pedestrian warning sound.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 MY has the customizable boombox forward motion sound but it does not cut off at 19 mph as the USA version is supposed to.
In parking lots, people never hear me coming unless the sound is on. I cannot listen to the radio as long as this sound is enabled.
The moment I turn off the sound the radio sound comes through.
Do all of them work this way in Canada ?

I don't have a Y, I have a 3, but I think it's similar. I do have a forward sound but it's similar to a (low) fan noise. I can really only hear it inside my garage or close to a wall at a drive-through. Clearly pedestrians in front of my car cannot hear me coming either. Contrasting that, the reverse sound (UFO) is too loud for my taste :)
I haven't played with the boombox while driving. I believe the radio is linked because you can route the radio sound to the outside speaker. I tried that once but while parked.

Unless I choose a forward sound in the boombox there is no sound while driving. Only in reverse.(UFO)
When I select a driving sound like coconuts or ice cream truck it runs constantly until I disable it.
I cannot listen to the radio unless I turn off the driving sound.
I just though it would be nice to have the driving sound stop at 25 kph or so and get the radio
back without going in to boombox to turn the sound off. I believe the U.S. model turns off the driving
sound at 19 mph.

@Super Dave , a lot of people think they have no forward sound but they do. As I said, it is very similar to a muffled fan sound, it's pretty faint. Park in a garage or right next to a wall, where it's very calm (no ambient noise). Switch between park and drive and you'll hear the sound difference. There's no additional fan starting when you go to Drive, it's the PWS.