Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Front Bumper-Only PPF Cost in San Jose, CA Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
Anyone has any recommendation for a reliable and cost-effective xpel ppf application just on the front bumper of a Tesla model Y, in San Jose, CA Area?

I already have an existing one which has some minor damages on the surface which I do not think will be able to repair by using a heat gun. Thinking of replacing the entire ppf of the bumper

Any recommendations with an estimated price is highly appreciated.

Thanks

I am a new Tesla owner of a Model Y built in July 2022 and question if paint protective film (PPF) is worth the cost - $2500. I appreciate the comment that these cars are not collector items as time goes on there will be more and more Y's on the raod that are essentially the same given the limites ordering options. Nonetheless I value appearance more than most. I'd like to hear about DYI PPF experiences.
thanks
phil

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am a new Tesla owner of a Model Y built in July 2022 and question if paint protective film (PPF) is worth the cost - $2500. I appreciate the comment that these cars are not collector items as time goes on there will be more and more Y's on the raod that are essentially the same given the limites ordering options. Nonetheless I value appearance more than most. I'd like to hear about DYI PPF experiences.
thanks
phil
It is totally up to you. Like you, I like to keep mine as pristine as I can keep, appearance-wise. Plus, it sucks when your brand new car gets scratches, dents etc... Not that ppf are made of indestructible material, but they really do give you a peace of mind when driving and parking your car. Especially in tight spots where other drivers are very careless.

I have had quite a bit of such experience. Basically it was a little tight parking spot. There was enough space to get in/out of the cars that were parked either side of my car. However, when I return back to my car, sentry mode had a recording and was showing that the owner of the car to my right-side opened the door very carelessly and hit my car (her door in fact can be seen be be "bouncing" off upon hitting my car). However, when I checked my car, I could not see any scratches or dents at that location. I thought to myself that if I hadn't had the ppf, I would have felt so angry and sad. And told my wife that I don't regret a single bit investing on a ppf. Though it is expensive, I feel that the bitterness if I have to go through seeing the car damage is worse than the money spent

This is just one such incident. It is a brand new car and you spend your hard-earned money to purchase it. And you would like to keep it without any damage at least for a while. I spent total of $4500 (Out the door) to do a Xpel clear ppf on all around the car. Covers all painted surfaces (Font hood, fender, bumper, all doors, rear fenders and boot) + lights

Note: They will be removing all the badges, spoilers etc... to do the ppf. Retain them and ask them to re-install after the work is done.

Upvote 0
I've been using Mr. Tint on all my cars, for the windows. Haven't had any PPF installed from them. They are somewhat expensive but do a quality job based on my experience.

Upvote 0
I went with OCD and spent ~3k for front only PPF in 2020. Just took delivery of a 2022 and debating if I’m gonna go with PPF since I barely keep cars for more than 3 years and not sure if I get the resale value back if I spend as much as I did the first time.
Wow...3k for just the front. Hope they did an excellent job + threw in a ceramic coating as well. I guess you should definitely add at least part of it into resale. I mean, it is an investment you did that the next owner is going to enjoy. So it is a fair deal. Just my thought :)

Upvote 0