Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y front glass broke. Does Tesla warranty cover this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like there is a point of impact towards the left of the picture. Tesla warranty won't cover that. I have full glass on my car due to how much glass there is.

Edit: I didn't realize that wasn't your car. It depends if they will or not. It won't hurt to see. If there are any points if impact then they won't cover it.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I need to check if there is an impact point. I'm just too surprised. If covered by my insurance company, will this car marked as car without a clean title?
Your title will be clean. An unclean title means it is salvaged, flood, redbuilt or similar.

But it will likely show up as a repair on a vehicle history report, but not as an accident.

Wiki on Title Branding: Vehicle title branding - Wikipedia

Should I have the insurance company to cover that or pay by myself. The deductible is 500 but the glass is around 1300. Will making the insurance company pay for it make my premium more expensive?

^^^unanswerable question. I save my insurance for the possible "big one" in my future. HAHA: that means, in over 100 years of combined driving, my wife and I have made THREE claims, two of them totally "no fault." Jeez...the insurance industry has taken in a LOT of money from us!!

Should I have the insurance company to cover that or pay by myself. The deductible is 500 but the glass is around 1300. Will making the insurance company pay for it make my premium more expensive?
Insurance rates will NOT increase from glass replacement. We carry a rider on ours for $0 glass deductible. Already had our windshield replaced on our Y.