Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Front Motor Whining Noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fix for this in my case is documented here: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5009916/

There's also a lengthy preceding thread documenting the trials and tribulations leading to it finally getting resolved, but I'd skip to just getting the penthouse perimeter seal repaired / replaced (or simply installed as it should have been in the first place).

Thank you for posting here with a link to the other thread. When I searched to see if I wasn't alone, whining was included which is how this thread was found as a hit.

I have the other thread open and will follow along there as well. My appointment is tomorrow, so I'll mention the seal issue and report back if that fixes the issue on my side. All I know is that I can't justify spending the money we do to have issues brought to table labeled as normal or within spec.

Thank you for posting here with a link to the other thread. When I searched to see if I wasn't alone, whining was included which is how this thread was found as a hit.

I have the other thread open and will follow along there as well. My appointment is tomorrow, so I'll mention the seal issue and report back if that fixes the issue on my side. All I know is that I can't justify spending the money we do to have issues brought to table labeled as normal or within spec.
Hey I might be dealing with the same issue. Did you get this resolved?

Thanks for the response! Just to be clear this sound I'm referring to is when I'm just cruising around at constant speed and barely touching the accelerator pedal (most evident when going around 40mph. I think it's still there at higher speeds on the highway, but road noise drowns it out at that point)...it's different than the acceleration noise which I agree is Jetsons like and nice. Do you hear the whining and pulsing/ oscillating sound while cruising around? I was under the impression I'd only hear the front motor when accelerating?
I also hear that from my mode Y started hearing it around 6000k