Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y front seats creasing badly after 9 days of ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new Y 9 days ago and have 273 miles on it, and both the front seats are creasing badly.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have owned two model 3s and this didn't happen.

I shot Tesla an email to see what they say. I'm expecting them to be replaced.

ABD62CBC-1CCF-4FE2-8EA9-D8460F43C276.jpeg 56DC4E76-175D-4D05-9B82-2CCF152BED2E.jpeg

Hmm... Looks like I'm not the only one with this. I just find it odd that I had the "same" seats in two different model 3s and did not have this issue at all. Something about the seats must have been changed - design, materials, etc.

Even if the seats are the same, I wonder if the difference of ingress/egress due to the raised seating position has an impact on the side bolsters?

I did not have a M3 previously so cannot compare the seats as being the same.

I don't own a Y yet, so no experience, but I'll bet this could be the cause. Also, there's probably variability in foam density from batch to batch that's hard to determine until it's actually under stress from usage.

(If I were to see this on my car, with previous cars NOT showing the issue, I'd also blame it on my own personal weight gain over the past decade, ditto for my wife, but don't tell her I said this in public!!!!)

Picked up my new Y 9 days ago and have 273 miles on it, and both the front seats are creasing badly.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have owned two model 3s and this didn't happen.

I shot Tesla an email to see what they say. I'm expecting them to be replaced.

View attachment 612076 View attachment 612077

No creases in my white Model Y seats. Also none in the seats of the white Model 3 that it replaced. However, I do notice that I make more contact with the side bolsters getting in and out of the Y than I did in the 3. I try not to slide into the seat, but rather back my butt in and sit down like it was a chair. If I push the bolster in with my hand I notice that it does fold the vegan leather over with the foam as it compresses. Thanks for the heads up, though. I'll make an extra effort not to slid in over the side bolsters.

I brought my 3 in for creases in the seat also. Same area and also the corners. They told me it was within spec and cosmetic stuff could only be claimed in 30 days or something like that. Horrible service. I expected it though because they don't fix anytbing

In my opinion the seat material in these cars is not nearly as nice as a high quality leather. My girlfriend's mom has a nissan sentra with quilted leather seats and sadly its far nicer than our fake leather.

It's not the foam it's the material. For some reason it develops creases and dents. It sometimes goes away over time and sometimes it decides to retain them as it's new form. If you heat it and rub it sometimes it comes out

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: db93