Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y + Frunk Removal Stream

CertLive

Dec 15, 2019
United Kindom
Thought you all might be interested in this DÆrik video stream of what looks to be a very well built model Y. I think I would happily trade in my model 3 experience for this one. Looks like more room to sit too. You get to see the new heat pump also but I am yet to see if there are any advantages over what I have, should be lower power consumption. Thumbs up I think the Y is the best of everything car so far. I wonder what trade in price I would get for the 3? The UK availability is probably a while off.

TraumaDoc

Mar 17, 2020
Bradford, UK
The Y has always been the car I always wanted (family of 9) but I'm soon to get my model 3 on a 2 year lease.

I reckon I'll be lucky in 2 years to find model y availability here in the UK

Reactions: CertLive

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
heat pump will be lower consumption (in some weather conditions) but in a car that's ~450 lbs heavier with the same batteries and motors... which is why range still is slightly worst than the 3.... there's also slightly less room in the front (though a fair bit more in the back).

If you routinely have adults in the back seat and a considerable amount of luggage these trades seem well worth it- for me it's rarely more than 2 adults in the car for very long and I've never hauled so much I even needed the frunk so I'll stick with the lighter, better handling, 3.

Reactions: CertLive

jkoya

NA2 NSX
Nov 21, 2018
Northern CA
If you routinely have adults in the back seat and a considerable amount of luggage these trades seem well worth it- for me it's rarely more than 2 adults in the car for very long and I've never hauled so much I even needed the frunk so I'll stick with the lighter, better handling, 3.

My feelings are the same. We've only had passengers in the rear seat once, for a really short trip of about 1.5 miles. I am used to 2 seater cars, so it took a bit for me to get used to even the Model 3 size wise....

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC