Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y full charge range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All numbers are averages. No company can post 100% accurate mileage information for gas or EV. There's too many unknown factors: driving habit, braking, wind, weather, stop/light, etc. Just like a gas car, the "estimated miles remaining" is the same as the Tesla estimate.

Why are there people micromanaging how many miles their Tesla can drive? Do you not charge at home nightly? I only use the mobile charger (5 miles/hour) and I average 30-45 miles per day. On longer days I'll drive 100-120 miles, but after two days and regular use/charging I'm back to 100% (of set charge limit). So, what is the big deal?

Twice I've driven 150 miles in one day and the day before I charged to 310 miles beforehand. Was still fine topping off using the mobile charger after two days.

Tesla owners somehow equate the estimated range with the health, remaining life of the battery. In most cases the battery will continue to provide the stated performance, not lose more than 30% of capacity and range, over the life of the battery (8 years or 120,000 miles). Unless damaged in an accident your Tesla vehicle will continue to perform as designed right up to the day you trade or sell the vehicle.

Reactions: DanDi58 and WhiteWi