Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I picked up my new Model Y in February, it's running the the latest software 2022.4.5.16.
I hadn't really noticed but when at a supercharger the other day my son asked if he could play Sonic, I have a controller, so plugged it in but Sonic was not on the system... is this the same for everyone else or am I missing something?

Thanks

I picked up my new Model Y in February, it's running the the latest software 2022.4.5.16.
BTW that's not actually the "latest software" though it may well be the latest that Tesla has made available for your individual car ... not that it has anything to do with your issue. (Don't worry about getting the real latest software update .. it will come when it's ready.)

Actually it’s nothing to do with controller hardware. The cars are still capable of using controller inputs for games using the data enabled usb socket in the glovebox.

Sonic was removed due to bugs, cup head and another game were removed from new v11 installs after a certain period of time and all were then removed indefinitely because the data-enabled usb-c ports in the front console were downgraded to power only. (The three games removed were controller-only).

It really makes no sense apart from sonic being pulled due to bugs, but such is life.

You can still play the racing game and a couple of the others with a wired controller or with a wireless controller and Bluetooth dongle. I have a usb hub in the glovebox for this.

Last edited:
What firmware was that Tony? Pre-2022? Unless the issues were model specific...

I just remember reading somewhere with a link that past a certain firmware version it was gone for the foreseeable.

I haven’t personally seen any amd Ryzen cars with sonic or cup head 🤷‍♂️ but maybe just due to insignificant sample size

A new update, 2022.28.1, will install the games that require a controller, Sonic/Cuphead/Cat Quest, with a note saying that you have to plug a game controller in to the glovebox USB port:

1663112239759.png

It won’t unfortunately because there is an issue with bandwidth for the single port. Having anything plugged in as well as a storage device being used for sentry / dashcam seems to cause random errors.

I’ve tried a number of different hubs (both passive and active, cheap and expensive) - they all cause random errors with dashcam and sentry, and if those are unreliable it’s a deal breaker for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
It won’t unfortunately because there is an issue with bandwidth for the single port. Having anything plugged in as well as a storage device being used for sentry / dashcam seems to cause random errors.

I’ve tried a number of different hubs (both passive and active, cheap and expensive) - they all cause random errors with dashcam and sentry, and if those are unreliable it’s a deal breaker for me.
Thanks. It looks like the data port upgrade for the centre console ports is the best option... as long as the harness is there!

I have a Model Y and an Anker USB3.0 Data Hub plugged into glovebox with official Tesla Sentry USB Key, USB 8BitDo Wireless Dongle & another small USB Key. No issues. I will say when I put a larger USB drive on the USB bus I got issues with the infotainment system crashing.