Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Gemini Wheels on Model 3 Performance/Can it be done?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just did this on one of our cars when we changed from track alignment to street alignment. Hopefully this is permitted. If not feel free to remove. I thought this might be informative. We used 15mm Aspira studded spacers with some 255/40/19 tires all around. Keep in mind we have aftermarket 2 piece rotors so this is like a 20mm spacer on P3D oem rotor or 15mm on non P rotors. We are still charting the efficiency but a little hard to do with the taller tires since we have to convert the data back to an oem tire diameter and not sure how much the taller tire also affects the efficiency. We might have some 245's laying around in an all season compound we can test out.

Reactions: drpheta
bump for some gemini lovin

Attachments

• IMG_5724.JPG
    IMG_5724.JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 310
That’s with a +15mm spacer up front right?

What still isn’t clear to me is if you have a stock 2018 LR and try to install a Y Gemini wheel with no tire will the wheel clear the front suspension without a spacer? Thanks.
It will not fit without a spacer. In the front the wheel will hit the suspension upright. The rear will be OK but you definitely will need a spacer for the front. I didn't measure to see how small of a spacer would work as I was planning on going for max poke. 10 or 15mm should be plenty.

It will not fit without a spacer. In the front the wheel will hit the suspension upright. The rear will be OK but you definitely will need a spacer for the front. I didn't measure to see how small of a spacer would work as I was planning on going for max poke. 10 or 15mm should be plenty.
Just to confirm, you're saying the wheel itself will hit the upright, not the tire? And that's with just putting the wheel on the hub without any tire mounted to the wheel? Thanks.

Sorry if this has been answered or not but I have a set of Model Y Gemini wheels with 255/45/19 tires looking to install on a stock Model 3.

Can install Gemini wheels with 245/40/19 tires in the front and keep the 255/45/19 in the rear? Would I need to add spacers?

Thanks!