Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude! You’re in so TIGHT with Deep CyberDuck! The source that all the hype websites and stock analysts are using! But how how how?

Also, what about the ventilated seats? I would totally put that on hold till 2024 unless the Yoda of Garbage says you’re getting them.
Oh yeah I forgot to ask about the ventilated seats. Let me check the drone footage and get back on that one.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Price increase doesn’t directly imply new vehicle improvements. Currently I would put money on a vehicle a day being produced out of Austin, 10k a week when fully optimized. Blue and Black only.

And if you want new batteries then order a Y when they get announced. Until then release your order so I can just get my car.
A the hell MEN. I am so tired of all these "holds". Just cancel, get out of line and when you actually hear the cars are actually being produced to your liking with the options you like to the specs you are wanting then order up. It is ALWAYS going to be something new and I just want my car. For all these "holders" to accept, release, accept, release etc etc and they continue to get back in line in front of us that ordered and are ready to take delivery NOW. I don't have a trip planned, I don't have some emergency that I will not be able to collect the car, I am not going to be out of the country blah blah blah. I just want my car.

Price increase doesn’t directly imply new vehicle improvements. Currently I would put money on a vehicle a day being produced out of Austin, 10k a week when fully optimized. Blue and Black only.

And if you want new batteries then order a Y when they get announced. Until then release your order so I can just get my car.
The Telsa salesmen told me the price increases are directly related to demand.

I would say more than one per day. It looks like multiple are being produced if you zoom in on the photo below that Joe took.
1642625141984.png

Last edited:
None of it looked like actual production work... looked like pre-production and not very energetic at that.
To be fair, it was 8 am. ...but ....There were a ton of vehicles in the dirt employee lots so somewhere in the bowels of that thing people were doing something...
And he almost completely dodged footage of the parking area where finished MY’s have been, just caught a few in edge of his frame that were in the line closest to building that has had employee MY’s in past. Hard to know about the ones we did see, not close enough or in frame long enough.

Reactions: Budshark
A the hell MEN. I am so tired of all these "holds". Just cancel, get out of line and when you actually hear the cars are actually being produced to your liking with the options you like to the specs you are wanting then order up. It is ALWAYS going to be something new and I just want my car. For all these "holders" to accept, release, accept, release etc etc and they continue to get back in line in front of us that ordered and are ready to take delivery NOW. I don't have a trip planned, I don't have some emergency that I will not be able to collect the car, I am not going to be out of the country blah blah blah. I just want my car.
I disagree. I'm paying the latest price, I want the latest updates. It's not my fault because Tesla is inconsistent with the hardware version on two cars built at the same time.

I disagree. I'm paying the latest price, I want the latest updates. It's not my fault because Tesla is inconsistent with the hardware version on two cars built at the same time.
Also.. as nutty as Tesla’s wait list and delivery system works? Its only right to have holds so folks can deal with legit issues, like actually planning a freaking vacation when an EDD is two months later or earlier and not having Tesla suddenly schedule a delivery for that vacation. Or on holidays etc. There has to be a mechanism for this. And it is extremely doubtful more than a few hundred have used it for other reasons. Its just not a big deal.

You ordered at the current price with the config known at the time.

If Tesla raised the price between your order date and the change over, would you then be ok with getting an Intel powered computer?

Look I do understand the mindset you want the latest features at the time of your delivery. In this case, I can somewhat understanding passing on one VIN with Intel to get an AMD. The difference in power may be minimal now as it seems to only help in loading games and media, but people with MCU1 in their S's and X's have seen software overwhelm the Tegra in there on normal tasks. What annoys me a bit is, people get this way for every little update. Oh I want BioDefense mode! If the Y LR ever gains the matrix headlights, they will then want that too! No how little the update Tesla makes, people here will go nuts in making sure they get it. You don't order iPhone's or any other technology device and place them on holds or reject them until you get the iPhone 14 because rumors say A) Price will increase B) There might be a government subsidy C) The iPhone 14 will be built out of one giant piece of glass with a structural battery.

Even normal legacy automakers can do 2022.5 model changes and if your car that you ordered was built a week before the change over, that is still too bad. Only difference is, you likely won't know about the changes the legacy automaker did in that .5 update unlike with Tesla.

You realize the latest price doesn't take into account your location? If you are near Fremont you will get cars a lot faster than on the East Coast. So you will pay more and maybe get older tech because the people who are waiting longer East Coast will get the upgrades and will pay less becasue they ordered earlier. You think that is fair? It would require Tesla to care about customers and be willing to delay profit recognition by shipping cars to people in order. They'd have to wait longer to fill a truck for NY and FL and MI and wherever before they could ship them so your car might sit in Fremont for a week or two waiting for other cars going to the same DC. This is a logistical nightmare and would lead to even higher costs and long wait times on average. Hopefully Austin will eliminate some of these logistical issues and they can transition smoothly during the changeover so everyone is getting the same things at the same time.

I doubt Tesla cares if the few people that even know what the numbers 4680 and 2170 mean are mad they didn't get a car built with one or the other. The majority of their customers have no clue. Just a small bump in the road (and a few unhappy Tesla owners) in the process of transitioning all their cars over to newer tech.

Also.. as nutty as Tesla’s wait list and delivery system works? Its only right to have holds so folks can deal with legit issues, like actually planning a freaking vacation when an EDD is two months later or earlier and not having Tesla suddenly schedule a delivery for that vacation. Or on holidays etc. There has to be a mechanism for this. And it is extremely doubtful more than a few hundred have used it for other reasons. Its just not a big deal.
I just responded to the SURVEY that Tesla sent me regarding the new MY I picked up Sunday 1/16.
Guess what I told them in the comments.....they need to pick a rough delivery date, stick to it, stop with the random updates.
The EDD system is going to bite them when competition comes to the table.

Reactions: SWIPE
I just responded to the SURVEY that Tesla sent me regarding the new MY I picked up Sunday 1/16.
Guess what I told them in the comments.....they need to pick a rough delivery date, stick to it, stop with the random updates.
yeah... admittedly it is a weird situation. This kind of lead time on a car order is not the norm, at least in recent automotive history... and dealing with that and their penchant for near constant updates makes it seem pretty messy for the EDD system and SAs. I know their system sucks but Im sure I couldn’t do a lot better under the circumstances. And for now at least a lot of their competitors have long wait lists too. In a couple of years though, a lot of things are going to bite Tesla hard. This being one. Some of these legacy automakers will get the drivetrains right. whether they can make their dealers behave... maybe not. But it will be a different world then.

Haha WHEN the competition comes to the table...

I have a friend with a 2021 Premium AWD Mach-E on order and he can't even get an estimate on his delivery because Ford still doesn't have the chips for the car. It's literally built already and sitting in a parking lot somewhere.

I'm so thankful I ordered the Tesla lmao

Haha WHEN the competition comes to the table...

I have a friend with a 2021 Premium AWD Mach-E on order and he can't even get an estimate on his delivery because Ford still doesn't have the chips for the car. It's literally built already and sitting in a parking lot somewhere.

I'm so thankful I ordered the Tesla lmao
No one save VW can deliver anything in any volume as yet, and VW, despite counting Porsche, Audi, plus VW deliveries, still amounts to about 1/3 Tesla 2021 volume WW.
I think Ford may deliver 150K vehicles in 2022, GM less, Stellantis no idea, BMW and MB another 200K or so.
Tesla consensus for 2022 is about 1.5M+. So Elon is looking for a knockout blow and may get close.
More than a few old line companies will struggle to be relevant.
Still, Tesla has significant growing and maturity pains. But better those problems than those of GM, Ford, and Stellantis.....