Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. I'm paying the latest price, I want the latest updates. It's not my fault because Tesla is inconsistent with the hardware version on two cars built at the same time.
I disagree. WE bought our cars when intel, 2760 or whatever they are, etc etc were in the cars. It is nice to have and VERY generous of Tesla to give us these extras at the cost we paid KNOWINGLY what we were going to get. You all want your cake and eat it too. You all would be “bellyaching” if Tesla said no problem. You will get the new updates, those cost X more dollars. Such a coincidence all the “holders” just so happen to get a delivery date during a vacation and “emergency”. Literally every holder uses that excuse. Face it you are holding because you want the new stuff. If you are that busy you can’t pick up your car when it is ready then go buy a used one on the date and time that works for your busy schedule. If not a simple fix that I would love Tesla to implement and I will make that suggestion when I get my survey is - you put the car on hold, no problem you go back to the end of the line.

I disagree. WE bought our cars when intel, 2760 or whatever they are, etc etc were in the cars. It is nice to have and VERY generous of Tesla to give us these extras at the cost we paid KNOWINGLY what we were going to get. You all want your cake and eat it too. You all would be “bellyaching” if Tesla said no problem. You will get the new updates, those cost X more dollars. Such a coincidence all the “holders” just so happen to get a delivery date during a vacation and “emergency”. Literally every holder uses that excuse. Face it you are holding because you want the new stuff. If you are that busy you can’t pick up your car when it is ready then go buy a used one on the date and time that works for your busy schedule. If not a simple fix that I would love Tesla to implement and I will make that suggestion when I get my survey is - you put the car on hold, no problem you go back to the end of the line.
Wow.

I agree that the orders that were held for the BBB and/or new features definitely puts a sour taste in my mouth. And the fact it was intentional. Life does happen and some things can’t be helped. Hope it makes sense.

I don’t know how many of you are waiting for their first MY but just get the car regardless of updates. It’s already a heck of a car and had put many smiles on me and my family’s faces. 4680 or not, Cooledbutt or not you’ll enjoy it. Only thing I wish i had in mine is the new 12v battery, but then that’s easily upgradable at home. If you are waiting for the latest updates then with Tesla, you’ll have to get it when they discontinue the MY 🤷‍♂️ There’s always something new

I don’t know how many of you are waiting for their first MY but just get the car regardless of updates. It’s already a heck of a car and had put many smiles on me and my family’s faces. 4680 or not, Cooledbutt or not you’ll enjoy it. Only thing I wish i had in mine is the new 12v battery, but then that’s easily upgradable at home. If you are waiting for the latest updates then with Tesla, you’ll have to get it when they discontinue the MY 🤷‍♂️ There’s always something new

I might be wrong but rumor has it the new 12v li-ion battery isn't fully compatible and not an easy upgrade at home.

Reactions: ZenRockGarden
I agree that the orders that were held for the BBB and/or new features definitely puts a sour taste in my mouth. And the fact it was intentional. Life does happen and some things can’t be helped. Hope it makes sense.
Removing radar and passenger lumbar after my order left a sour taste in my mouth. So I put it on hold and got AMD and Li-Ion. Let's call it even

Lots of Teslas on the chargers again today in Jeff's drone flyover (see 2 photos captured from today's video). It appears that neither Joe nor Jeff (the two drone operators posting on YouTube and Twitter) are paying any real attention to these cars as an indication that production has begun. I wish they would get some drone close-ups so we could see if any significant number of these vehicles have license plates or not.

1642647861383.png

1642648353491.png

Last edited:
Lots of Teslas on the chargers again today in Jeff's drone flyover (see photo). It appears that neither Joe nor Jeff (the two drone operators posting on YouTube and Twitter) are paying any real attention to these cars as an indication that production has begun. I wish they would get some drone close-ups so we could see if any significant number of these vehicles have license plates or not.

View attachment 757713
Not all Model Ys, or even all Teslas. Some are pretty dirty. Pretty sure a majority are not new production cars. A few may be from Mondays sighting though

what are the benefits of the 12v battery?

Lots of Teslas on the chargers again today in Jeff's drone flyover (see 2 photos captured from today's video). It appears that neither Joe nor Jeff (the two drone operators posting on YouTube and Twitter) are paying any real attention to these cars as an indication that production has begun. I wish they would get some drone close-ups so we could see if any significant number of these vehicles have license plates or not
Not all Model Ys, or even all Teslas. Some are pretty dirty. Pretty sure a majority are not new production cars. A few may be from Mondays sighting though
Employees charging for free.

Removing radar and passenger lumbar after my order left a sour taste in my mouth. So I put it on hold and got AMD and Li-Ion. Let's call it even
I would rather have radar then AMD and battery. I have a 2021 Model 3 with vision only and while using autopilot the phantom braking is unbearable. In fact its not usable on two lane roads especially at night. Had Tesla service come and replace cameras and still not working. Next step is to replace the entire autopilot computer to see if it gets better. It is a major major problem and probably going to be a huge recall if Tesla cant fix this with OTA update soon. Service tech said Tesla knows of the autopilot issues but say that Vision based system is still in beta form and working out the bugs.
Nothing like a brand new $50k car that doesn't have working cruise control.

I might be wrong but rumor has it the new 12v li-ion battery isn't fully compatible and not an easy upgrade at home.

It's my understanding that the new Li=ion battery is actually a 15 volt battery and has new charging circuitry.
New Tesla Model 3/Y Refresh Leaves Owners Without Trailer Auxiliary Power Capability
10 Jan 2022
People who were expecting the new Model Y to tow a trailer were left high and dry by Tesla. The American EV maker did not foresee the new 12-volt Li-Ion battery would not be able to provide auxiliary power for the trailer. This capability will come later this year as a retrofit adapter for those who need it. Luckily, the trailer lights/brakes are not impacted. <snip>
_ The new battery appears to break the auxiliary power for the cars equipped with a tow hitch, meaning you can tow a trailer, but you won’t be able to power it from the car’s electric system.
_ “Our new Li-Ion low voltage battery requires a new power conversion adapter to be compatible with 12-volt trailer power. Once this adapter is available in mid-2022, customers will be able to retrofit their vehicles to re-supply 12V power to their trailers if they desire,” reads an internal Tesla memo shared on Drive Tesla Canada.
_ While the problem does not prevent the Model Y from towing a trailer, this kind of ruins all the fun for those who want to camp in the trailer. <snip>