Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the various tea leaves of final-certs, cars starting to pile up, I'd suggest they're fast approaching start-shipping-time and we will be seeing the first few Texas Y's in early March. Heck, I'll make a wild guess and lay claim to March 1st for a (very few) Model Y's hitting dealership floors and/or customer hands.
At least 50, probably 80-100, cars have been shipped from Austin to Showroom floors as of last week.
Documented via the several Texas drone video guys.

Based on the various tea leaves of final-certs, cars starting to pile up, I'd suggest they're fast approaching start-shipping-time and we will be seeing the first few Texas Y's in early March. Heck, I'll make a wild guess and lay claim to March 1st for a (very few) Model Y's hitting dealership floors and/or customer hands.

I like this estimate since my estimated delivery date is March 7th it would be a nice surprise to get a Austin build Tesla Y.

April 7 2022, about 10 minutes before Elon takes the stage at Giga Austin Fest driving the Cyber Truck towing the new Tesla roadster.
What wait a minute? The guy that everyone said was the know all be all was wrong again. Not one Austin MY getting delivered by Q1 like he said. Crazy. I can't believe the internet, drones and social media missed this one. I thought it was all facts. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: advocate8
First Austin VIN found in source code. Has not shown up on my main order page yet.
1645800807941.png

At least 50, probably 80-100, cars have been shipped from Austin to Showroom floors as of last week.
Documented via the several Texas drone video guys.
I wouldn’t put it this way. What is absolutely true is: at least 144 MY black and blue colors with gemini wheels have been documented as parked next to the building, some being pushed into place. Some of those initially put out there were seen moving back into the building, leaving another group outside. The usual hype mill said flatly the missing cars had been shipped. No. No photos of them being shipped. But def video of them being moved inside.
Then.....There was a still shot, taken on a highway that could be anywhere (but probably was Austin area given the source is usually reliable, though he didn’t elaborate) of a small number of mixed -color MYPs on a standard car carrier going somewhere from somewhere.
They MAY have been made in Austin, or the truck may have simply parked there as a handy overnight stop while driving from Fremont to sales centers... or the photo may have been taken somewhere else.
It’s suspicious as they are P’s, which aren’t seen in any photos of any MY actually on Austin premises, be it parked or on assembly line.
And ditto their mixed colors, not seen in any known photo or video of Austin gigafactory premises.
I would say evidence is likely they were NOT Austin built.
Then much pearlier there was a reputed insider showing a couple of cars inside an enclosed carrier that apparently was on Austin premises about to go out. Those may have been the EPA test cars. Timing seems about right.
So... there is zero evidence of any significant number of cars being shipped. Probably just those to EPA tests. The cars that have been repeatedly videoed parked on the new concrete apron could be customer cars eventually. But that is probably a slowly-growing herd that is being moved in and out of the factory when construction workers need space inside to move something. And I mean slow-growing. Like, 5 a day,

Reactions: Mrbrock and DrGriz
I wouldn’t put it this way. What is absolutely true is: at least 144 MY black and blue colors with gemini wheels have been documented as parked next to the building, some being pushed into place. Some of those initially put out there were seen moving back into the building, leaving another group outside. The usual hype mill said flatly the missing cars had been shipped. No. No photos of them being shipped. But def video of them being moved inside.
Then.....There was a still shot, taken on a highway that could be anywhere (but probably was Austin area given the source is usually reliable, though he didn’t elaborate) of a small number of mixed -color MYPs on a standard car carrier going somewhere from somewhere.
They MAY have been made in Austin, or the truck may have simply parked there as a handy overnight stop while driving from Fremont to sales centers... or the photo may have been taken somewhere else.
It’s suspicious as they are P’s, which aren’t seen in any photos of any MY actually on Austin premises, be it parked or on assembly line.
And ditto their mixed colors, not seen in any known photo or video of Austin gigafactory premises.
Then much pearlier there was a reputed insider showing a couple of cars inside an enclosed carrier that apparently was on Austin premises about to go out. Those may have been the EPA test cars. Timing seems about right.
So... there is zero evidence of any significant number of cars being shipped. Probably just those to EPA tests. The cars that have been repeatedly videoed parked on the new concrete apron could be customer cars eventually. But that is probably a slowly-growing herd that is being moved in and out of the factory when construction workers need space inside to move something. And I mean slow-growing. Like, 5 a day,
All said, you're probably more correct in your assessments than a blanket 'a bunch have shipped to showrooms' as I posted.
We'll see soon if any showrooms are reported here as receiving new demo cars from Austin, as they have claimed to be expecting.

I agree that the hype has gotten way out of control.

Oh stop with this nonsense. You know these are model y from Austin with all the new goodies with 50 miles more range and faster charging and 400 lbs lighter. Just admit it. Think they call them 2.0 or something rendering all other Ys obsolete.