Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022-02-25 13_01_55-Check Digit Calculator.png

I'd love to be proven wrong, but NHTSA would say otherwise.

Smartphone display video capture showing them opening the app and scrolling down to the VIN would suffice. Pretty tough to edit a video other than adding blur effects, so blur the RN and leave the VIN posted up. Check digit calculator shows it's invalid, it's never going to be proven to be legit. Most people on this site will have long forgotten about this guy by the time his delivery window is up in April.

Nobody will believe the dude until he shows the car from delivery. The same thing happened for the first guy that got a Model X VIN after the refresh, nobody believed him until he showed up with pictures at delivery.
There is that. Then there is the other guy who popped up photoshopping his VIN a few weeks ago.
It’s truly odd when someone hasn’t been on the forum until today, has not cared enough about the endless 4680 or Austin discussions to register and comment .....even though he’s had an order in long enough to allegedly get a VIN....suddenly pops up and claims “Austin!".
The day after reports Austin was still waiting for one more EPA approval to actually sell the cars.
Not rushing to judgment.. but if betting my money? Not getting excited.

Smartphone display video capture showing them opening the app and scrolling down to the VIN would suffice. Pretty tough to edit a video other than adding blur effects, so blur the RN and leave the VIN posted up. Check digit calculator shows it's invalid, it's never going to be proven to be legit. Most people on this site will have long forgotten about this guy by the time his delivery window is up in April.
Yeah, I think that would do it. He’s already shown the allegedly full vin nothing to hide but name really