Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll stand by my statement above and wait for the apology. The guy is no more in the know then anyone else. He is your typical social media guy that likes clicks, follows hearts and thumbs up and when they are wrong no one ever holds them accountable to the wrong information they just move on down the road. Again I will wait for one to actually show up.

I’ll stand by my statement above and wait for the apology. The guy is no more in the know then anyone else. He is your typical social media guy that likes clicks, follows hearts and thumbs up and when they are wrong no one ever holds them accountable to the wrong information they just move on down the road. Again I will wait for one to actually show up.
Amen

Reactions: advocate8
I'm scheduled to take delivery of my MYP a week from tomorrow... Well, the guy who came to my door selling tamales today said his aunt's grandson knows a guy who knows a girl whose sister does janitorial work at the Austin Gigafactory. She told him that she's seen MYP's in 12 different new colors coming off the Austin line; including some with "Plaid" badging. That does it! I'm cancelling my order right now! :D

I'm scheduled to take delivery of my MYP a week from tomorrow... Well, the guy who came to my door selling tamales today said his aunt's grandson knows a guy who knows a girl whose sister does janitorial work at the Austin Gigafactory. She told him that she's seen MYP's in 12 different new colors coming off the Austin line; including some with "Plaid" badging. That does it! I'm cancelling my order right now! :D
You think this is Sawyer's "source"?

Reactions: FOD11 and csrpenfab
For my sanity, I just pretend every post is prefaced with "According to Ancient Astronaut Theorists..."
We all should
One way to lose creditably quickly.

NewMYPOwner likely has this VIN 7SAYGDEE0NF395383 (there are a couple of 391 vins on the tracking spreadsheet). 8th digit is motor type (LR or MYP) so he changed it from E to F and the 11th digit from F to A. Turned a Fremont LR to Austin P but the check digit caught him out. Too bad there isn't an actual database that would say that vin doesn't exist yet even if it is the proper format with proper check digits.

Reactions: BGOwner
NewMYPOwner likely has this VIN 7SAYGDEE0NF395383 (there are a couple of 391 vins on the tracking spreadsheet). 8th digit is motor type (LR or MYP) so he changed it from E to F and the 11th digit from F to A. Turned a Fremont LR to Austin P but the check digit caught him out. Too bad there isn't an actual database that would say that vin doesn't exist yet even if it is the proper format with proper check digits.
He's waiting on a Performance in his pictures though. So you think he:
  • Has an LR on order
  • Got a VIN
  • Decided to lie about it and for some reason say he was waiting on a Performance
  • Photoshopped the picture of the Y
  • Knew to change the 8th and 11th digit but not the check digit
Why wouldn't he have just kept his store as an LR and only changed the A/F digit?

I agree he probably changed stuff but it's weird to think of what he changed to end up with that presumably fake VIN.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200