Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to take delivery of my MYP a week from tomorrow... Well, the guy who came to my door selling tamales today said his aunt's grandson knows a guy who knows a girl whose sister does janitorial work at the Austin Gigafactory. She told him that she's seen MYP's in 12 different new colors coming off the Austin line; including some with "Plaid" badging. That does it! I'm cancelling my order right now! :D
Little secret but Elon Musk is my second cousin thrice removed's baby daddy. He confirmed to me that a Plaid Model Y with no steering wheel and pedals is coming out next week. I have the first reservation :oops:

Reactions: csrpenfab
He's waiting on a Performance in his pictures though. So you think he:
  • Has an LR on order
  • Got a VIN
  • Decided to lie about it and for some reason say he was waiting on a Performance
  • Photoshopped the picture of the Y
  • Knew to change the 8th and 11th digit but not the check digit
Why wouldn't he have just kept his store as an LR and only changed the A/F digit?

I agree he probably changed stuff but it's weird to think of what he changed to end up with that presumably fake VIN.
Yes, there is an article that spells out what digits are what. Except there is no way to know the check digit formula. That’s why it exists. If you look at the check digit tool, you convert letters to numbers then multiple and you get a total and then somehow that total relates to what letter/number the check digit should be. You’ll see 421 mod 11 as the result of the formula and that somehow relates to a digit. You can figure everything out but the check digit so it seemed easiest to copy the existing digit in his “assigned” vin. Or someone else’s vin. Who knows. Could be a little Easter egg from Tesla to see how long it would take a vin from source code with an A to make the internet rounds.

Reactions: JDL@h
Another Austin full VIN just popped up on Facebook.

7SAYGDEF9NA000137
Yeah here is the screenshot:
274822472_10109270819714873_4222115739630238095_n.jpg