Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep you expectations low...

Just remember that Fremont has been putting out about 3700 Model Y's per week or about 530 per day. Austin is suppose to take over 2/3 of the eastern US but lets say it takes over just 1/3 of the total deliveries. It would need to produce about 1240 cars per week or 177 per day.

So over 1.1Million 4680 batteries every week and 160K batteries per day . If they could produce this many batteries ( BIG IF ) and you lived in the eastern 2/3 you would have a 50% chance of getting an austin car. Realistically you likely have less then a 20% chance

Keep you expectations low...

Just remember that Fremont has been putting out about 3700 Model Y's per week or about 530 per day. Austin is suppose to take over 2/3 of the eastern US but lets say it takes over just 1/3 of the total deliveries. It would need to produce about 1240 cars per week or 177 per day.

So over 1.1Million 4680 batteries every week and 160K batteries per day . If they could produce this many batteries ( BIG IF ) and you lived in the eastern 2/3 you would have a 50% chance of getting an austin car. Realistically you likely have less then a 20% chance
Be careful spouting logic on here, most people aren't willing to listen to it...

Breaking news!!!! New specs published.
1645916691639.png

I felt bored

Some additional information to help determine production timing. Thanks to whoever posted the EPA link earlier.

All the information we are looking for will be part of their EPA certification. For reference on prior 2022 MY vehicles, they were applied on 10/21/21 and issued 11/1/21. Based on that, I would suggest Tesla hasn't even finished testing so they don't have the data to even submit an application. If they are assigning VINs to vehicles they are building now, then they are going to be sitting for a bit before they can be delivered.

Regarding the other information, here is a comparison between 2021 LR MY and 2022 LR MY:

1645929266798.png

1645929282360.png

Interestingly, the battery specific info was not present on the 2022 application. This will be the data we need to determine 4680 vs 2170. We can assume the 2022 is the same as 2021 which is why it was omitted. Hopefully the new application for the 4680 will have this data.

1645929302745.png

1645929311588.png

1645929321321.png

165*480=79,200Wh. To compare, 2021 has 270kw total motor output vs 291kw for the 2022. 2022 is 35# less and 21kw more powerful yet range is slightly more but acceleration is the same.

Was in KOP PA SC. SA stated Austin MYP deliveries will start soon but car will be same as what Fremont produces. Structural pack with 4860 is expected later with a possible price increase and increased range, but when it comes it will be across the US irrespective of where it is made.

Reactions: HELL YEAH!
Was in KOP PA SC. SA stated Austin MYP deliveries will start soon but car will be same as what Fremont produces. Structural pack with 4860 is expected later with a possible price increase and increased range, but when it comes it will be across the US irrespective of where it is made.
Thanks for asking. Just another data point from SAs who don't have the best track record. We will see how things shake out when deliveries start.

Latest drone video: Counting 137 MYLR parked on the concrete apron in Austin and 10 more at superchargers there for a total of 147. New record by...3. It seems to be pretty much the same cars all the time.
Yeah, doesn't look like they are actively producing cars. Probably doing test batches like in Berlin then evaluating overall quality and making adjustments then moving on to the next test batch. The ones that are deemed good get wheeled outside and covered until they can be sold later.

Hey guys. I've seen that @sawyermerritt has posted on this thread before, but he just started this thread with a new update on the VIN that was shared here by newMYPowner, and the VIN shared later that night by Drive Tesla Canada. You can find his updates in this thread:

Hey guys. I've seen that @sawyermerritt has posted on this thread before, but he just started this thread with a new update on the VIN that was shared here by newMYPowner, and the VIN shared later that night by Drive Tesla Canada. You can find his updates in this thread:
Like the post above yours, we have not seen anything other than Gemini wheels outside of the factory (140+ cars) so still doubting this information. Doesn't take much to make a VIN pass the vin check. For instance:

7SAYGDEF6NA000242 Texas MYP
7SAYGDEE7NA000242 Texas LR MY
5YJYGDEE0NA000242 Texas LR MY

All 3 pass the NHTSA VIN Check even though the last 6 digits are the same for each. All it does is calculate and verify the check digit, it doesn't verify anything else. That would be up to Tesla to verify. As far as sources within Tesla verifying these, I wonder if the database they check is for cars actually produced or is a VIN database of what they can assign. Just because it is in the second database, doesn't mean a car has been built with that VIN.

You're right in that a pass in the NHTSA checker doesn't mean much in and of itself. From what I understand, what my sources checked was VINs assigned. Not ones that could be made. When you are assigned a VIN, it takes a little while for the car to be produced. My Mom got her LR Model Y VIN about 2 weeks ago and the car wasn't complete until many days later, and only then was she given a precise delivery date, rather than a range. Unsure of how the Texas process is and if initial builds will take a little longer to complete since they are still working things out obviously on the production line. Guess time will tell what happens.