Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But will they hold them all until at least April 7 and hand out the first ones at the Opening party? Which would be no deliveries in Q1.
Who knows. I’ve given up trying to predict Tesla behavior while wearing my pointy-eared “Mr. Spock Logic Hat."
You’d think surely they would sneak two or three out the door just to be able to say in next earnings call they had begun customer deliveries on schedule. But they’ll do something unpredictable.
Also... the YouTube-Twitter Hype Combine still hasn’t uncovered EPA final certification, which surely they would salivate over.

It would be pretty flashy to invite in the first 10 or 20 owners or something and hand over the keys... uh... I mean apps.

Reactions: DrGriz
Who knows. I’ve given up trying to predict Tesla behavior while wearing my pointy-eared “Mr. Spock Logic Hat."
You’d think surely they would sneak two or three out the door just to be able to say in next earnings call they had begun customer deliveries on schedule. But they’ll do something unpredictable.
Also... the YouTube-Twitter Hype Combine still hasn’t uncovered EPA final certification, which surely they would salivate over.

It would be pretty flashy to invite in the first 10 or 20 owners or something and hand over the keys... uh... I mean apps.
Ya, no clue why EPA certification is not yet complete. From what I heard; it is normally a quick process.

I

Q1 deliveries with full FSD to use as Robotaxis! Oh, wait....

In truth, surely it is close to the point where some of the cars stacking up will be customer cars. Prob the ones out there now will go to employees etc based on what they’re doing at Berlin. But yeah, seems like no reason they can’t knock out a couple dozen Q1 deliveries to regular folks. But wait lists is a few hundred thousand, right? So chances of getting one seem really, really low till late summer/fall.
All those Employees want black and blue cars.... that would be interesting at shift changes

Truly a baseless comment.

BS. We KNOW that NHTSA hired someone that was clearly anti-Tesla, and that was widely reported. She even had to recuse herself "from all things Tesla" in order to take the job, there was such public outcry.

Biden himself has repeatedly snubbed Tesla and Elon regarding invitations to the WH (EV summit - Tesla was absent). The old fool even called GM the leaders of the EV revolution ("Mary, you led!").

We are supposed to believe that there can be anti-Tesla bias at the level of POTUS and NHTSA, but somehow the EPA could be immune?

Elon called Biden a wet sock puppet. Tesla didn't get invited to the EV summit. Tesla is a non-union shop. Could be political. I'd like to think it isn't.
It’s not. That would be a huge violation of law and regulations just to slow down a pretty minor approval for a few days.
WE are keenly interested in it. It’s not a major thing outside Tesla world.
The emails, texts, paper trail, etc on something like that would inevitably surface and cause firings at the top of the EPA and elsewhere.
It’s just a fantasy. Biden has issues related to Tesla but it’s not exactly animosity. He’s an old guy, and and old car guy (corvette), in that mindset of 1964 when GM and Ford and Chrylser were all that counted in the world of cars.... and he’s pro-union and his views of unions were shaped by the era he came up in.
So he just struggles to think outside the Big 3... the Big 3 circa 1964. When he goes to GM and sits in electric hummer? For him it’s like going backstage at a Neil Diamond or Chicago performance. Star struck. While anyone under 65 doesn’t go the concerts and knows they ain’t selling any new material and haven’t for decades.

Some key people around him understand the full importance of Tesla and how it works, what an ass kicking it is delivering to Detroit (or rather, what Detroit is doing to itself) etc and clearly have been counseling him, but it is obviously far from fully taking.
Tesla didn’t get invited to the summit because Elon had said Biden’s pet Build Back Better bill should be shot down entirely and Biden’s aides had no idea what Elon might do or say. With the White House as a platform. What would YOU have done in that position if you still dreamed of passing a bill?

Elon made the wet puppet crack because he just couldn’t understand Biden’s dinosaur-car mindset, which wasn’t helpful. But Elon lives in the world of rationality and struggles to respond well to someone who doesn’t.
Biden meanwhile def needs to start mentioning Tesla, and not just as part of the pack, but as out ahead on its own doing the stuff he says he wants done for climate and the US economy. But regardless of these two people not being able to communicate, this administration doesn’t do BS revenge regulating, no matter how much the fanboy echo chamber wants to bounce that back and forth. No real examples of it anywhere to be found. Just twitter, forum and youtube “experts."

Last edited:
BS. We KNOW that NHTSA hired someone that was clearly anti-Tesla, and that was widely reported. She even had to recuse herself "from all things Tesla" in order to take the job, there was such public outcry.

Biden himself has repeatedly snubbed Tesla and Elon regarding invitations to the WH (EV summit - Tesla was absent). The old fool even called GM the leaders of the EV revolution ("Mary, you led!").

We are supposed to believe that there can be anti-Tesla bias at the level of POTUS and NHTSA, but somehow the EPA could be immune?
There’s bias, and then there is acting on bias. You name two people who either don’t like and/or don’t understand Tesla, reasonable people can and are disagreeing on which. But...Where are the regulatory actions against Tesla that are based on bias?

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
Yay. My Blue MYP is enroute.
20220304_124953.jpg

Can you zoom in and see any VINs
Speaking of Toy cars, has anyone seen where you can purchase a diecast toy car or scaled version of a TESLA MODEL Y? I would like to get one for my desk and I haven't seen anything for the MODEL Y. It would be nice if Elon gave you a replica of your exact car upon delivery. It would be like free advertising.

Attachments

• TESLA MODEL 3.jpg
    TESLA MODEL 3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 70
Speaking of Toy cars, has anyone seen where you can purchase a diecast toy car or scaled version of a TESLA MODEL Y? I would like to get one for my desk and I haven't seen anything for the MODEL Y. It would be nice if Elon gave you a replica of your exact car upon delivery. It would be like free advertising.

Thought they had Model Y here, but only see S and 3 atm

My wife and I were just talking about this minutes ago! It would be great fun to have one.