Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The benefits of Ryzen would only be in the infotainment system, most specifically games. Hulu and Netflix would likely be a bit more responsive. FSD/AP would see no difference.
Right. What I thought. So I'm not sure I see the benefit at least for me. I don't use infotainment in the cars enough to warrant the excitement. The big downside I see is increased electrical consumption. I won't even throw out the numbers I think I saw but it seemed they were substantial. Looks like the potential for more threads on loss/lack of range.:confused:

Last edited:
Right. What I thought. So I'm not sure I see the benefit at least for me. I don't use infotainment in the cars enough to warrant the excitement. The big downside I see is increased electrical consumption. I won't even throw out the numbers I think I saw but it seemed they were substantial. Looks like the potential for more threads on loss/lack of range.:confused:
The Ryzen provides faster UI response including for things like maps and backup cameras. So it’s more than what was listed above.

I dont know what math you saw but there were a lot of bad assumptions posted. There is no substantial loss of range. That has been debunked.

I have a intel my friend has an AMD for what I use mine for I can’t really see a difference for everyday driving. I don’t use the apps or scroll the maps but if I did I would probably notice a difference.

Reactions: Ciaopec
Remember when this thread used to talk about gigafactory texas production instead of literally everything else posted on this forum? It was back 50 pages ago.
Funny.... I actually just was about to double check I was on the right topic because this was getting so off topic. Seems like a lot of people are getting pushed backed in the September forum, maybe we are getting Texas Cars! :D

Remember when this thread used to talk about gigafactory texas production instead of literally everything else posted on this forum? It was back 50 pages ago.
The problem is there’s no factual, interesting news about Austin production. The cars keep piling up outside, more and more blue and black MYLR’s that may all be destined for scrap and/or employees if things are even faintly similar to Berlin... but not at production rates yet that make delivery highly likely to anyone getting a car in next 3-4 months.
Every last one of the reports of Austin VIN’s is now thoroughly debunked.
Every possible hypothetical argument about 4680 range/weight/handling/charging/lifespan and how Tesla may or may not handle Fremont and Austin making two somewhat different cars has been played out. Five or six times.
Not much solid stuff left to talk about...
I’d bet the next decently interesting thing to come will be the EPA permit, but not sure if we’ll know it’s granted immediately.
Or we could finally get a legit VIN, though it seems essentially impossible to prove one is legit.

The problem is there’s no factual, interesting news about Austin production. The cars keep piling up outside, more and more blue and black MYLR’s that may all be destined for scrap and/or employees if things are even faintly similar to Berlin... but not at production rates yet that make delivery highly likely to anyone getting a car in next 3-4 months.
Every possible hypothetical argument about 4680 range/weight/handling/charging/lifespan and how Tesla may or may not handle Fremont and Austin making two somewhat different cars has been played out. Five or six times.
I’d bet the next decently interesting thing to come will be the EPA permit, but not sure if we’ll know it’s granted immediately.
Or we could finally get a legit VIN, though it seems essentially impossible to prove one is legit.
Right but there's plenty of other threads about whether or not 4680s will do anything. There's still plenty of interesting news out of Austin. Like we could work with drone operators to hover over the QR codes on the Ys parked out south to see if we can get a real VIN or we could find the guy who's friend worked there and find out what cars are being snuck out in the middle of the night. Lots more fun topics than arguing over what was said at battery day which was meant to be an investor and recruiting event rather than a product roadmap.

Reactions: advocate8
I work in Police Forensics and we have Drones that can read VIN #'s from 300' away not to mention out FLIR capabilities. We can read the the calorie content and nutritional facts on someone holding a beer can on a street corner. It would be nice if Joe or Jeff could drop down on one of those uncovered Model Y's and give us a VIN#. All we need is one VIN and we will have days of content 🤓
Tesla doesn't mind Drones flying around their facility because it free advertisement as long as they don't interfere or disturb Tesla employees and present any safety concerns. When someone crosses their boundaries and trust me they will there will be consequences and they will be shut down so I understand why our current drone pilots are not pushing the limits.
The cameras and zoom capabilities have vastly improved in the last couple of years so if they were to upgrade their equipment they wouldn't have to fly any lower they are currently flying. I am not sure what the current altitude regulations are and I am sure those drone pilots are following the FAA laws and procedures however with lens technology there is the potential to show so much more than we are currently seeing.

Last edited:
I work in Police Forensics and we have Drones that can read VIN #'s from 400' in the air not to mention FLIR capabilities. We can read the the calorie content and nutritional facts on someone holding a beer can on a street corner. It would be nice for Joe or Jeff to drop down on one of those uncovered Model Y's and give us a VIN#. All we need is one VIN and we will have days of content 🤓
They seem more interested in flying the same loops to videotape drainage ponds and concrete pouring so they don’t get Telsa upset enough to ban them...but you can def go on their youtube page and ask them, can’t hurt.

Any other thoughts on why we have only heard of 1 Austin VIN being released when there are now hundreds of MY sitting in the parking lot? What's the deal with final certification? Sorry if I missed this from page 80 -100. TLDR

Haven't kept up on the Facebook VIN from Austin... that ended up being BS?