Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on just admit its white and structural and probably MYP;)

I KID.
Ok ok… not only is it white, it’s Elon’s new Triple Teflon Trickster White, so slick it adds 50 miles of range and 25 mph to top end to the already 500-mile/205mph 4680 cars….and… all this is guaranteed to every current holder of a white MYP order. Plus they get a Cyber Pony and $5000 price reduction all for being so patient and understanding while Elon was busy tweeting in the bathroom at Kanye’s album drop.

Why do you assume that? While it would be nice, I have seen no hints that it will be. MY3 has them already, just not the adaptive, although I heard that is just a software update when they are ready
All model 3s including SR had matrix lights. The MYLR is getting matrix lights here in the states too. It’s not if but when. Don’t see how Texas won’t have it. Hopefully we can get a good picture of the LR outside of Texas to see if it has it

Reactions: jsight
...and you're completely factually wrong. Model S "85" packs consist of 7104 individual cells.

Model Y 2170 packs run 4,416 cells

The 4680 structural pack is expected to have 960 total cells.

You know, as soon as I saw your note I knew you were right. In fact I thought, "what an idiot" to my own post! I really got to quit doing these replies when I'm tired in the middle of the night!

Then again, what's an order of magnitude here or there anyway!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Silence88
Makes delta literally nothing once ABoost and 20” inductions are added. If this was indeed a nickle pricing thing, then all trim levels would increase across the board. Perf has no increase as with all MS trims. Hmmm 🤔

Me thinks it’s supply demand and gas prices soaring so why not increase if we can as demand for EV’s skyrockets? Specifically LR models.

Makes delta literally nothing once ABoost and 20” inductions are added. If this was indeed a nickle pricing thing, then all trim levels would increase across the board. Perf has no increase as with all MS trims. Hmmm 🤔

Me thinks it’s supply demand and gas prices soaring so why not increase if we can as demand for EV’s skyrockets? Specifically LR models.
MYP, MYLR, M3LR, all up $1k

edit: no M3P increase

Last edited:
434 MYLR piled up in the parking lot at Austin now. The number was up and down initially but seems to have been on a pretty steady climb lately. Someone more data-minded than me, which is almost anyone, should start tracking it. A weekly tally would be enlightening. Trying to do daily is a little messy as sometimes the pertinent drone flies in morning, sometimes afternoon....since the main two don’t both fly every day.

434 MYLR piled up in the parking lot at Austin now. The number was up and down initially but seems to have been on a pretty steady climb lately. Someone more data-minded than me, which is almost anyone, should start tracking it. A weekly tally would be enlightening. Trying to do daily is a little messy as sometimes the pertinent drone flies in morning, sometimes afternoon....since the main two don’t both fly every day.
I counted 331 last Wednesday. 360 Monday. 434 yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and KJD
Hahaha... you just nominated yourself. that suggests a production rate of about 25/day this week... unless the Monday count was late in day, might make it over 35.
Strange, looks like more cars today, as of 20 min ago, but count less. I need to check again after I walk dog.

OK, seems they moved some from the original chunk of MYs to the Southeast, today its down 10 cars to 424

Last edited:
Strange, looks like more cars today, as of 20 min ago, but count less. I need to check again after I walk dog.

OK, seems they moved some from the original chunk of MYs to the Southeast, today its down 10 cars to 424
Yeah, I had a couple minutes and put the photos side by side... that square on the left def got thinned to create the new strings on far right. Just more shenanigans to screw with this thread.... But... where did the 10 go? back inside for sure. But why? or maybe they’re around the corner charging.

Didnt’t stop Roberts from saying the video showed more production.