Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure the engineers at Tesla are aware of cooling plates. Even if they don't talk to engineers at SpaceX.

Once we have actual evidence of the structural battery pack cooling architecture from Tesla or any related entity, this discussion thread may have relevance.
What we have, despite the overwhelming examination by every pundit on the planet, is conjecture.
So until evidence emerges....meh.
Yes, exactly. However, with the EPA variant, the expected goals for 4680 were not realized and we are just discussing alternatives that my have led to this. Got to do something for another 8 days. And maybe even longer unless they have a cutaway car on display at the rodeo.

Yes, exactly. However, with the EPA variant, the expected goals for 4680 were not realized and we are just discussing alternatives that my have led to this. Got to do something for another 8 days. And maybe even longer unless they have a cutaway car on display at the rodeo.
Yeah a legit question is whether we’ll get answers to the key questions from the party. Sometimes a giant party is just .. a giant party.
For example, it wouldn’t shock me if there was a semi-vague answer about how many months aways MYLR/P production will start. And I especially wouldn’t be shocked if there was no discussion at all of timetable for Fremont switchover.
Most likely is answers about the Dual Motor non-LR, I guess. And surely a few of the 4680 questions will be answered.

And to anyone who is waiting for NHTSA crash testing data to be released or certified or something to that effect, don’t hold your breath. For the crash test rating for the current Model Y, it was done in November 2020 with VIN F058327. About 7 months after initial deliveries and 58,000 vehicles produced. I am sure countless were tested before sales commenced, but this data is not available to the public (that I could find).

1648665018379.png

Looking at the historical test data, they have not retested Model S or X since their introductions in 2013 and 2017 and they initially tested a 2018 LR RWD M3 then followed that up with a 2019 LR AWD M3. But only the front impact since there was a motor there now (Although the initial MS test was for a 60 interested they didn’t do a D version).

Also, anyone have theories why they keep shifting around the new Y’s parked outside the factory? It’s like almost every day they are in a different formation. This time some are pointed one way, some another. And def the count of white ones is higher, but the overall number isn’t near the peak day.
Odd doings.

Also, anyone have theories why they keep shifting around the new Y’s parked outside the factory? It’s like almost every day they are in a different formation. This time some are pointed one way, some another. And def the count of white ones is higher, but the overall number isn’t near the peak day.
Odd doings.
I think they're trying to test out how spell something with the fleet on hand. ;-)
But the only reason for the shuffle making sense is the drone army swarming GigaTexas for clickbait.

Their earlier being pushed manually back inside indicated to me that they had run out of charge sitting outside for a week.
And why they left them out in the weather (rain, hail, high winds), when the GA2 section of the plant is mostly unused, is tough to justify.

Reactions: advocate8
I think there is still an undisclosed EPA approval, sent in after the others, that has not yet been announced.
Like advocate said, it was a resubmission for corrections. Clearly stated in the paperwork. All that’s waiting is the certificate of conformity. The application is already in and all the submitted ranges from the various tests on the new variant are within 0.5% of each other. There won’t be any changes to the 280 mile range based on this paperwork. Just ran the testing at a different location, maybe to validate what is being done at Kato or to confirm the new numbers on the new variant.

I suspect most of us on the forum are just waiting to see what happens at next week's gigafest, beyond lots of folks consuming lots of bbq. Also perhaps some drone pics of car carriers next week pulling away from the factory loaded with new MYs would get the discussions going strong again. I did confirm with my local Tesla store today that they have not yet received any info on incoming MYs that are from Austin.

Reactions: KJD
I suspect most of us on the forum are just waiting to see what happens at next week's gigafest, beyond lots of folks consuming lots of bbq. Also perhaps some drone pics of car carriers next week pulling away from the factory loaded with new MYs would get the discussions going strong again. I did confirm with my local Tesla store today that they have not yet received any info on incoming MYs that are from Austin.
According to Joe Tegtmeyer (drone videos), transport trucks have been leaving GigaTexas in the mornings of late.
I'm guessing the shipments so far are for Tesla showrooms.

I’m sure this has already been discussed in this thread, but there’s 148 pages, so I’m just going to ask this question. Do you think EDD’s for Model Y’s will jump once Austin goes live? Right now my EDD says October which is pushed back from my original EDD of August and I’m hoping it’s sooner.

Reactions: CraigZips
I’m sure this has already been discussed in this thread, but there’s 148 pages, so I’m just going to ask this question. Do you think EDD’s for Model Y’s will jump once Austin goes live? Right now my EDD says October which is pushed back from my original EDD of August and I’m hoping it’s sooner.
Nobody knows. At this point, we are not sure if they are making MY LR or MY medium range AWD.

Reactions: voxel