Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now Jordan has taken down his tweet claiming he’s getting delivery at the party.
Either it was BS or Tesla told him to put a lid on it. Meanwhile Sawyer’s retweet saying it’s game on is still up.
Clown show.
It has been a clown show since this thread started. If anyone is using this thread for anything other than entertainment purposes I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. ALL the "experts" have been wrong, changed their point etc etc. You can go back like 147 pages and the "facts" were that only MYP's were coming out of Austin first. Now that narrative has completely changed.

Again I will state the FACTS will come out when an actual car is delivered to a customer. Then and only then will the model, specs, battery etc etc be verified. Until then this is great entertainment seeing people trying to be the first to be the guy that gets ONE fact correct.

Only three questions, type and number of batteries and when?
Here are my 3 questions I posted a few days ago on Joe T's youtube site:

3 questions I hope get answered at this week's big event are:

1. What version(s) of the Model Y is being produced in Austin now and over the next few months? MY-LR vs. the new 279 mile range AWD version?
2_ When is 4680 cell production expected to start at gigatexas?
3. When will Fremont MY production line be upgraded to the new chassis design, with both front and rear mega-castings and with the structural battery pack ?

For those attending, please ask these questions of Tesla executives if you have the opportunity.

Reactions: KJD
One thing that we can clearly see is that there are three Model Ys undercover inside the bowels of Giga (along with some others). I would be absolutely shocked if those three aren't Austin made SR, LR and P. I doubt they drove cars down from Fremont just to show them off.
they’re sitting with roadster, CT and semi which aren’t being built there either. Maybe a 3 also? So…

Last edited:
One thing that we can clearly see is that there are three Model Ys undercover inside the bowels of Giga (along with some others). I would be absolutely shocked if those three aren't Austin made SR, LR and P. I doubt they drove cars down from Fremont just to show them off.
My prediction is the Y's are all SR's with 3 new colors coming out of Austin.
  • Deep Crimson Multicoat
  • Abyss Blue Multicoat
  • Mercury Silver Metallic

• Funny
Reactions: Triplem086
Here are my 3 questions I posted a few days ago on Joe T's youtube site:

3 questions I hope get answered at this week's big event are:

1. What version(s) of the Model Y is being produced in Austin now and over the next few months? MY-LR vs. the new 279 mile range AWD version?
2_ When is 4680 cell production expected to start at gigatexas?
3. When will Fremont MY production line be upgraded to the new chassis design, with both front and rear mega-castings and with the structural battery pack ?

For those attending, please ask these questions of Tesla executives if you have the opportunity.
I totally agree, hope this does not fall on deaf ears.