Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Hertz had the Standard Model Y listed on their web site. The Standard, lower range model. I just checked and they're are showing the Model Y LR. The 330 mile long range.
This is good. I thought I knew something. Now I know I know nothing.

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
1649446049577.png

Ok changing gears a bit. Anyone notice something different about the colors of the Y's in the video they showed last night? The blue stood out most to me and it appears to be a darker/deeper shade than what is currently offered. Maybe it is just video post-processing but I wonder if it is one of the new colors we've heard about.

Screenshot 2022-04-08 150538.png

Ok changing gears a bit. Anyone notice something different about the colors of the Y's in the video they showed last night? The blue stood out most to me and it appears to be a darker/deeper shade than what is currently offered. Maybe it is just video post-processing but I wonder if it is one of the new colors we've heard about.

View attachment 791522
I doubt it as they would have said something. It’s almost impossible to judge shades in an image like this though, as there is no way of knowing how the white balance is set.

Reactions: DrGriz
I'm remembering 960 cells as the fully-sized 4680 pack, but don't quote me on it :)

math: 828/960 * 80 KWH == 69 KWH.... hrmmm

280 mile range with 828 cells is 2.957 batteries per mile with 960 cells thats 325 miles of range. Oddly close to the 330 of today.

There is likely some additional resrve not needed when scaled up so it looks like it would make it to 330 at least

As much energy as they put into the PR video before the live feed started, they def had the bandwidth to explain everything that needs explaining. They’re not explaining anything, though, and for some strategic reason.
Surely the std. dual motor will pop up on order page soon.
it's the Tesla shuffle. keep the internet blogs hopping, hype gets more orders than facts. fortunately the product is worth the wait (if no longer the price)

View attachment 791522
Nothing out on the lot in Austin displayed anything decidedly different than Fremont.
But it's possible the paint shop in Austin is newer, better optimized than Fremont's old shop.
Video processing / color correction is ubiquitous - everything gets touched to make it pop, or do whatever the Director / Cinematographer / Client wants to deliver.