Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
179 pages of 99% useless crap. You guys are either bitching or bitching about the people that are bitching. Who gives a rats ass? Buy the car or don’t. It’s your money do whatever you want with it.

Let me update everyone. There’s no news. Literally nothing.

The title of this tread is “Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production” and some of us are following it to get some “useful” information about the “Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production.”

I agree about your comment on the “useless crap” and “bitching.”

Nevertheless, what you classify as “bitching about the people that are bitching”, are the people who simply trying to make the first group of “bitching” people to stop polluting this tread.

There have been useful information shared, good questions asked and answered and some logical comments and assumptions made in this tread.

Most here already did what they want to do with their money… They already purchased an MY and looking for some extra information, some actually received delivery and sharing their experience/knowledge, maybe a few who has experience and knowledge about the different technologies involved in EVs or government procedures on EVs and would like to share.

I also would like to add a third group of “bitching” people who “bitch about the people that are bitching about the people who bitch to bitch.”

You do realize that by posting what you have posted in this tread, by nature, you classify as a member of the third group of “bitching” people.

If you don’t have any useful information to share, a good question to ask or logical comment to make… WHY are you on this tread? Are you the one who is “giving the rats ass”?

Cheers

well, you can always put your order on Hold until your issues with details become more clear.
that, or cancel your order and wait for clarity to re-order.

this is the dilemma people with current orders face and these forums don't make it easier.

When Tesla first discussed the 4680 and re-design of the MY chassis that goes with it, there was massive speculation.
Dramatically reduced weight, handling and performance. Dramatically improved range and faster charging.
It would now seem only a stiffer chassis will result. Weight won't change much, etc.
Range won't change much, market forces not requiring it, charging speed gains unknown, etc.
But there's no doubt the chassis is a serious structural improvement. Yet the most notable result: body panel gaps should improve.
Tesla is the primary beneficiary, since they'll be making more cars faster and more profitably.
These are good things though. It means the car company you invest in with your purchase will continue to exist and flourish and support your car.

Then, all the incremental tweaks Tesla has been rolling into their vehicles have been obsessed over.
Double laminated glass. Heated steering wheel and wipers. LED, then matrix headlights. Lumbar supports (or not).
LiOn aux battery, MCU chip forum wars.
There have been numerous wishful thoughts posted of future fantasy fulfillment.

It's a real challenge to navigate these culture wars and fantastical beasts that Tesla has spawned and continues to encourage.
But in the end it's a car.
And even if you were to accept the MYP being made in Fremont today, rather than several months from now, it's still a great car.
It is leaps and bounds better than most anything in the EV market today or near future. It really is.
Go test drive some others if you still have doubts.
Sound advice thanks not so preachy as some on here, thanks

Reactions: advocate8
I posted this a couple hours ago, but it looks like it must have gotten taken down or something.
4680 is far from a failure and a game changer? How? It appears to be much heavier at some capacity. At around 880 lbs for 82kwh 2170, the 69kwh 4680 and front casting only save 100 lbs. 16% capacity reduction of 2170 would be 136 lb weight saving just in the battery plus another 50 or so from the casting. So you should see 190 lbs or so weight savings and you got less than 100. From so,etching that was supposed to be 15% savings with no range loss based on battery day best case scenarios. Increase in weight for less performance equals failure to me. For Tesla, it’s all profit and increased margins with lower manufacturing costs so it is not a failure to them. But so far 4680 is not better for base car specs.

When Elon says model y will have 4680 and be produced at Giga Texas.

Then Boglino said there was no constraint on 4680 supply.

Both public statements from the top.

That is why I placed my order had never been in Tesla site till that day.

Perhaps my interpretation was incorrect but not unreasonable. I would just like clarification not unreasonable.
Baglino said they wouldn’t be cell constrained going forward. He never mentioned 4680 together with this. You may tie the two statements together hoping A+B=C but what they mean is A=A and B=B. Period. Tesla says very specific things that should be taken completely separately from each other.

Tesla keeps saying they are a cutting bedge company they can't complain when they announce cutting edge battery and chassis design then after announcing but people want to buy it based on their implied time frame.
It’s only implied by the buyer. Tesla has never said “4680 LR MY are being produced at Austin and will be delivered to existing orders starting this date.” There is a reason for this. They aren’t making them and don’t know when they will.

Tesla is just so frustrating sometimes with their lack of transparency. I mean not even a mention of the SR AWD at the rodeo and then they are prepping it for their website a few days later?

In regards to the LR and P, who in their right mind would want to take delivery now knowing that an objectively better version could be out tomorrow or two years from now. So shaky
so a heavier and slower vehicle is better? The transparency you want doesn’t exist in the business world because it would put any company at a competitive disadvantage if their competitors always knew their weaknesses.

So to go on but, thec4680 and cast chassis are a game changer, it's not like red calipers or a parcel shelf or even air suspension in my book.
Not a game changer for customers. Only for Tesla making more money. You will not feel any of the advantages the hype machine is promoting. They are easier and cheaper to build, not faster and better handling. 0-60 is slower. For a lighter car with the same motors. So a bigger pack is going to be heavier and slower. Or tuned faster which means less range.

179 pages of 99% useless crap. You guys are either bitching or bitching about the people that are bitching. Who gives a rats ass? Buy the car or don’t. It’s your money do whatever you want with it.

Let me update everyone. There’s no news. Literally nothing.
And you are bitching and the people bitching about the original butchers. Vicious circle.

So… is my MYP going to be 4680?
After all the information here, I read this as a sarcastic response to rile people up. In that case, your model y already is 4680 with 400 mile range and 2.8 0-60 and there’s hidden rocket boosters that you can use to get sub 2.0 if you do 69 2 button restarts in a row on 4/20 while listening to the earnings call. But only if Elon can be heard smoking a bowl during the call...

After all the information here, I read this as a sarcastic response to rile people up. In that case, your model y already is 4680 with 400 mile range and 2.8 0-60 and there’s hidden rocket boosters that you can use to get sub 2.0 if you do 69 2 button restarts in a row on 4/20 while listening to the earnings call. But only if Elon can be heard smoking a bowl during the call...
Hmm. I think I’m going to see if I can get a 30 day hold. I hear they might add the door trim next month.

Hmm. I think I’m going to see if I can get a 30 day hold. I hear they might add the door trim next month.
Now that’s a good point. However I suspect this part is interchangeable. A mobile tech came to my home a few weeks back for something interior door trim related on my 22’ model 3 and he’s ordered a replacement the entire panel is being replaced as one piece. I asked him why as it seeks like a hell of a cost for just a small manuf Nick in a small area but he said those interior panels are a joke to produce and around $150 cost. I then asked whom about my Y coming with the old style and he said the clips for both styles are identical behind either panel and the exterior dimensions also a perfect match.

Knowing these guys are often Full of Shyte, I asked him if he’s seen this done and he responded ‘we accidentally ordered the upgraded trim for a version 2021 model 3 that came with the older style. Both sides. So asked the customer if that was ok and we simply installed both new trim panels on both front doors…exact match’

This tells me there is a possibility the Y int panel may be upgradable. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Same Agreement, Page 3, paragraph 4...

"Warranty. You will receive the Tesla New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Tesla Used Vehicle Limited Warranty, as applicable, at or prior to the time of Vehicle delivery or pickup. You may also obtain a written copy of your warranty from us upon request or from our website."

More surprisingly, did you purchase a vehicle without looking to see the "Warranty" information? Well I guess your comment "I don't see vehicle warranty" answers my question!

I've not seen "Customer Service" as a part of ANY Motor Vehicle Order Agreement I have ever signed during my previous car purchases. But than again, your experience might be different.

Cheers
I was just answering your question while sticking with the one page 'Facts' as you apparently misrepresented and then tried pawning off as my oversight. Carry on with your 'good' deeds for the forum.

• Disagree
Reactions: Trout
I was just answering your question while sticking with the one page 'Facts' as you apparently misrepresented and then tried pawning off as my oversight. Carry on with your 'good' deeds for the forum.
Here is what you said…

“I don't see vehicle warranty or customer service listed but yet that is owed to the customer.”

Let’s be honest here…

Were you really “answering my question” or were you “making a comment”?

Please do not try making a “U-Turn.” Own it and be a bigger person.

The only “Fact” is…

EVERYONE who made a deposit has the same 3 paged “Motor Vehicle Order Agreement.” Agreement has “links” to Tesla website for further detailed information. Neither source gives you anything more than what is listed on your MVOA regarding the “Specifications” of the vehicle you made the deposit for.

Cheers

So… is my MYP going to be 4680?
MrBrock I read this one as a one-liner making fun of the sour tone of the specific post he was responding to.
I found it pretty funny, and if that was the intent, effective.
Didn’t seem like he was attacking the information that’s been traded here, but rather, the opposite.

The only “Fact” is…

EVERYONE who made a deposit has the same 3 paged “Motor Vehicle Order Agreement.” Agreement has “links” to Tesla website for further detailed information. Neither source gives you anything more than what is listed on your MVOA regarding the “Specifications” of the vehicle you made the deposit for.
But that isn't even true is it? The MVPA has changed over the last few months on matters such as hold policy

But that isn't even true is it? The MVPA has changed over the last few months on matters such as hold policy
The MVOA might be different for other people. However, the MVOA I have still remains the same.

But I understand your point. Tesla might have made changes to the MVOA as well as the information provided through the links in the MVOA. Which brings me to the core of my statement…

The only specifications we are aware of and agreed on are the ones listed on the first page of every purchaser’s MVOA.

When we made our deposits, Tesla never specified a battery type or chemistry, body structure, double pane glass, etc.

I am not even sure if the “radar” that was removed was ever listed as a part of the vehicle in the MVOA or anywhere in the website. Yes, Tesla did inform the owners about the removal but was it ever a “legal obligation” or was it courtesy? (More information is needed for this one as I never really was interested in FSD 😉)

So, anything you receive more or better than the vehicle that made you chose to buy an MY is an “added bonus.” Take it/them and be happy.

Anything you don’t receive, either keep waiting for it/them or go purchase another brand.

To all who are not happy with what they are about to receive…

Whatever you do, please stop complaining and arguing with people who doesn’t want to listen to you complaining.

Cheers

Reactions: Yelobird
Freedom of speech, that's why Elon bought his stake in Twitter
Does anyone else see a slightly diff (larger) picture here? Far reaching control…

Transportation
Satellites - military
Internet - global reach
AI
Neuralink - brain implants
Space race - colony
Currency - crypto
And now Media…

Hmmm 🤔

The only specifications we are aware of and agreed on are the ones listed on the first page of every purchaser’s MVOA.

When we made our deposits, Tesla never specified a battery type or chemistry, body structure, double pane glass, etc.

I am not even sure if the “radar” that was removed was ever listed as a part of the vehicle in the MVOA or anywhere in the website.
Radar, like passenger lumbar was specified on the website product page. You seem set on considering the MVPA the end-all-be-all document so I suppose we should be happy that Tesla is providing a complimentary steering wheel and brake pedal.