Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Radar, like passenger lumbar was specified on the website product page. You seem set on considering the MVPA the end-all-be-all document so I suppose we should be happy that Tesla is providing a complimentary steering wheel and brake pedal.

And again Tesla informed you of the removal of radar upon VIN assignment. You agreed to still take delivery or you could have cancelled the order.

The better argument is passenger lumbar being removed if you want to complain about features that were available upon order and were not upon delivery and were not communicated to you.

Radar, like passenger lumbar was specified on the website product page. You seem set on considering the MVPA the end-all-be-all document so I suppose we should be happy that Tesla is providing a complimentary steering wheel and brake pedal.

Thank you for the info on the radar and the lumbar support. I did not know if they were listed or not.

We actually should be happy that we are getting a steering wheel! Look what MS is getting instead!?!? 😂

Joke aside… Besides the MVOA, what other document(s) do anyone has that lists what we should be receiving in the vehicle at the time of delivery?

Scary part is… MVOA is NOT “end all be all” nor it is “iron clad.” It is written very vaguely and simply that it can be interpreted in any and every way. If it comes to the point that anyone ended up suing Tesla, it would be side with the better lawyers who would win. Given the fact that the MVOA was written by Tesla’s legal team, I would say they have a head start.

Cheers

Reactions: mwdietertg
Driver/Passenger lumbar is specified? Not right now. Based on this they can remove power recline and up down and only provide power forward back and it meets what’s in the product page. The product page isn’t part of the contract so good luck fighting that in court.

1649655206237.png

Driver/Passenger lumbar is specified? Not right now. Based on this they can remove power recline and up down and only provide power forward back and it meets what’s in the product page. The product page isn’t part of the contract so good luck fighting that in court.
It was specified before being silently deleted. I doubt anyone would try to fight it in court but I think we are all somewhat passionate about Tesla and hope they adopt more consumer-friendly business practices.

It was specified before being silently deleted. I doubt anyone would try to fight it in court but I think we are all somewhat passionate about Tesla and hope they adopt more consumer-friendly business practices.
I do agree with you regarding the “consumer friendly” or “more transparent”, like some other people have worded, business practices Tesla can utilize.

I also do understand that Tesla doesn’t want to disclose too much information either or play their cards open.

Not providing any information or providing too much information can have negative consequences. I mean both for Tesla as well as the consumers.

Tesla finding a more balanced method for information sharing would be make me very happy. It might be beneficial for Tesla to have a steady stream of information flow. Currently, it is either a “flood of news on one day” or “bone dry pipes.” I do like “roller coasters” but only at the amusement parks ;)

Tesla can make any changes at any time to the items that are NOT listed on the MVOA. But it would be nice if they found a more friendly way.

For example, "Hey folks, we will be removing the "lumbar support" for the passenger seats due to the lack of use, reported by the "ever observing" vehicles. But guess what...??? Now we will allocated the money to provide you folks "Dual Pane" rear windows."

Wouldn't that be nice?

Cheers

Looks like Tesla employees are getting SR 4680 version first. Similar to how they first introduced M3. Let employees test it out first.

But even there, it does not say “lumbar support” anywhere. They could have figured out another way to get 12 ways of movement and that statement would still be true.

• Funny
Looks like Tesla employees are getting SR 4680 version first. Similar to how they first introduced M3. Let employees test it out first.
I read that a few hours ago but didn't see where it said SR, just that it was a 4680. Not saying it was not a SR or MRAWD or whatever it may be called. But not giving up hope that they are doing LR until we actually hear something official.

I read that a few hours ago but didn't see where it said SR, just that it was a 4680. Not saying it was not a SR or MRAWD or whatever it may be called. But not giving up hope that they are doing LR until we actually hear something official.
Well, not sure if the SA was pulling someone's chain, but an interesting Text on a Texas MY AWD. November Orders

Well, not sure if the SA was pulling someone's chain, but an interesting Text on a Texas MY AWD. November Orders
That’s a weird one. Not much useful on it as I could care less about the parcel tray or magnetic lid. And 50 miles of range less isn’t a little amount.
Also... It’s hard to imagine an SA doing that. Or even having that level of detail unless they just finished a company SA webinar to get them up to speed on the new model just a couple days before it launches on sales page.
We had seen the parcel thing, the lid, the range and thanks to that sleuth wh0 dug into source code the 5.0 sec 0-60, so nothing new there except the hint that none of the little bits will be on Fremont builds for awhile at least.
Not that exciting, but kinda interesting. 50 percent chance its legit maybe.
The delivery to the Austin employee meanwhile finally looks like the first confirmed delivery to a human.

Huh.. We have someone who took delivery who does NOT work for Tesla.

Easily could have been offered the standard range version at a reduced price if he signed an NDA not to discuss that his car was an SR variant.

Volume at giga Austin is low enough that Tesla could potentially do this for months until they either offer the SR as a standard offer or get enough cell production to build LR instead.

Yeah that’s strange! But he doesn’t reply to his tweets replies which asks question of range and battery. Also how do we know he took delivery at giga opening? No pic of VIN?
Just fail to understand why every report of first Austin cars has to be faintly shady. It does feel like there are NDAs and yet there’s seemingly no reason for this weird secrecy that makes sense except if the batteries just aren’t all that.