Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went on Tesla Chat to ask about the mobile connector and it was confirmed my order it would still be included. I think this is new orders starting today.
Or, they don’t know yet. They are usually the last to know. But hope you are right. If I had know they were not going to deliver it, I would have done a few things different. I got the 14-50 outlet and accessories to hold the brick and cable. Hope it’s not a waste of money

I went on Tesla Chat to ask about the mobile connector and it was confirmed my order it would still be included. I think this is new orders starting today.

I just got off chat and they said they'll have "more information very soon."

Just ridiculous really... While I do have a Wall Connector all ready and installed, it would actually be nice to have a Mobile Connector to store with the car in case I really needed it.

I can see the ad copy now: “Unlike Tesla the cost of the mobile charger is included in the price of our cars.”

Honestly, manufacturers should attack Tesla on this. It's completely anti-consumer. It doesn't help that the mobile connector is OOS and will probably be price gouged.

Here's my chat with them.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 6.47.38 PM.png

Mobile charger pack now will include more connectors

For an additional $100 people can buy wall charger. It’s just a move to force people buy wall connector.
Unless those people don't have a wall to put the charger on like condo or apartment dwellers who use outdoor plugs or extension cords. What about when you leave home and need to charge at a friend or family's house? This is a ridiculously cheap move. More ammo for the competition to mock Tesla.

Mobile charger pack now will include more connectors

For an additional $100 people can buy wall charger. It’s just a move to force people buy wall connector.
The point is who the hell would want to go on a trip with an electric car if you didn't have a portable charger for emergencies . In the future when every gas station location has chargers you will still need one. Tesla network or not you never know when you will need it. . It would be a big mistake.

I have a wall charger and I won't accept delivery without the portable charger.

Last edited: